(1) The govt has announced that under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana it will provide ______ interest relief on home loan up to Rs 9 lakh.
A) 2 percent
B) 3 percent
C) 4 percent
D) 6 percent
E) 8 percent
(2) The NRI citizens of India, who were abroad from Nov 9 to Dec 30, can exchange their defunct notes up to
A) Jan 31, 2017
B) Mar 31, 2017
C) Apr 30, 2017
D) Jun 30, 2017
E) Sep 30, 2017
(3) _______ has become India’s first fully organic state in 2016.
(4) Under a scheme for pregnant women, the would-be mothers will get ______ for their delivery, vaccination, and nutritious meals directly in their accounts.
A) Rs 2,000
B) Rs 4,000
C) Rs 6,000
D) Rs 8,000
E) Rs 12,000
(5) A gunman opened fire at a nightclub, killing at least 39 people including two Indians in the city of Istanbul in
(6) Jurgen Klopp is associated with which of the following game?
(7) Who has been appointed as Australia’s interim coach T20Is during the upcoming series against Sri Lanka?
A) Jason Gillespie
B) Justin Langer
C) Ricky Ponting
D) Steve Smith
E) Darren Lehmann
(8) What is full form of TRAI?
A) Telecom regulator authority of India
B) Telegraphy regulatory authority of India
C) Telegraphy regulator authority of India
D) Telecom regulatory authority of India
(9) What is the upper limit of deposit in Jan Dhan account as per recent announcement?
A) 1 lakh
B) 2 lakh
(10) Who is the present president of South Korea?
A) Roh Moo-hyun
B) Park Geun-hye
C) Hwang kyo-ahn
D) Kim Jong-un
E) Pak Pong-Ju
(11) Who is the present MD of Tata steel?
A) Ratan Tata
B) Cyrus Ministry
C) T.V Narendran
D) F.C Kohli
E) Ralf Speth
(12) Who has been knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his contribution to the field of science and medicine?
A) Anil Baijal
C) Shankha Ghosh
D) Viral Acharya
E) Shankar Balasubramanian
(13) Which country has announced the decision to launch a new one-pound coin this year?
(14) In a recent Supreme Court judgement, votes cannot be sought on the basis of
D) All of the above
E) None of the above
(15) The range of recently tested Agni-IV is
E) None of the above
(16) Who has/ have been awarded Bharatiya Jnanpith Navlekhan Award for 2016?
B) Varun Grover
C) Ghanshyam Kumar Devansh
D) A and C
(17) A leap second is added to compensate for
A) Slowdown in Earth’s rotation
B) Slowdown in Earth’s revolution
C) Acceleration of Earth’s rotation
D) Acceleration of Earth’s revolution
E) None of the above
(18) Who has been appointed as the new chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
A) S R Hashim
B) Deepak Gupta
C) Alka Sirohi
D) David Syiemlieh
(19) Which Indian-origin British professor has been honoured with the Queen Elizabeth II Knighthood?
A) Nandini Koel
B) Kamaldeep Begol
C) Shankar Balasubramanian
D) Mandeep Singh Bhui
(20) Who has been awarded ‘Scroll of Honor’ by Government of India (GoI) to promote cashless transactions?
A) Manish Jadon
B) Khusbu Gupta
C) Surbhi Kapoor
D) Gaurav Goyal
(21) With which country India exchanges a list of nuclear installations and facilities every year on January 1 under an agreement that prohibits the two countries to attack each other’s atomic facilities?
(22) Which state has banned the use of Purse Seine Nets for fishing across the state from January 1, 2017 to safeguard a Fingerlings fish species?
A) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
(23) A Laser walls and smart sensors are soon to be launched at which of the given International borders of India to safeguard from terrorists attacks?
A) India-Myanmar International Borders
B) India-Nepal International Borders
C) India-Sri Lanka International Borders
D) India-Bangladesh International Borders
(24) Which state’s Power Corporation has been awarded with “Best Performing Power Distribution Utility in Power Sector” by Central Board of Irrigation & Power (CBIP)?
A) Punjab State Power Corporation Limited
B) Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited
C) Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Limited
D) Telangana Power Generation Corporation Limited
(25) Name the BCCI President who has been recently removed by the Supreme Court for violating its order of implementing Lodha Committee’s Recommendations.
A) Chetan Chouhan
B) Anurag Thakur
C) Dilip Vengsarkar
D) Niranjan Shah
(26) India successfully test fired the surface-to-surface strategic ballistic missile off Odisha coast on January 2, 2017. Name the missile.
A) Agni I
B) Agni III
C) Agni VI
D) Agni IV
(27) Who has won the World Blitz Chess Championship 2016?
A) Garry Kasparov
B) Viswanathan Anand
C) Magnus Carlsen
D) Sergey Karjakin
(28) K V Pusa, who died on January 2, 2017 at the age of 63, was the former Minister of which state?
(29) A Supreme Court Bench on January 1, 2017 ruled out that Seeking votes in name of cast, religion or language is ‘corrupt practice. Who was the head of the bench?
A) TS Thakur
B) Sharad Bobde
C) Madan Lokur
D) DY Chandrachud
(30) Who has been sworn in as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) on January 2, 2017?
A) M M S Rai
B) Birender Singh Dhanoa
C) Shirish Baban Deo
D) P Murugesan
(1) C (2) D (3) E (4) C (5) B (6) C (7) C (8) D (9) C (10) B (11) C (12) E (13) B (14) D (15) C (16) D (17) A (18) D (19) C (20) D (21) D (22) C (23) D (24) A (25) B (26) D (27) D (28) B (29) A (30) C