appsc came into existence on 1st November 1956 with the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh. Before this, there was Andhra Public Service Commission in the Andhra State and Hyderabad Public Service Commission in the Hyderabad State.
First of all Andhra Servic e Comission came into existence only in 1953 after the bifurcation of composite Madras State into Andra and Madras States.
On the eve of formation of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, APPSC was functioning with a Chairman and two Members and Hyderabad PSC was functioning with one Member. Hence, APPSC was constituted with a Chairman and 3 Members.
Latest ICMR Jobs
|Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|1 November 1956|
|Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh|
|Prof. P. Udaya Bhaskar|
|A.P. PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, PRATIBHA BHAVAN, Do.No 5-5-406, M.J.ROAD NAMPALLY|
HYDERABAD – PINCODE – 500001
|040-24603493, 24603495, 24603496, 24603593, 24603594,24603595, 24603596|
With increasing workload, Government enhanced the Members as five in the year 1981 and later to Chairman and 7 Members in the year 1983. The government again reviewed the strength in 1994 and enhanced it to Chairman and 9 Members. This is the present strength.
Duties and functions of appsc
The Public Ser vice Commissions had been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The functions of the organisation are enumerated in the Article 320 of the constitution.
The statutory functions of the Commission are as follows:-
- Direct Recruit (Article -320 (1))
- Recruitment by transfer (Article- 320(3)(b))
- Statutory rules relating to services (Article320 (3)(a)&(b)
- Disciplinary cases (Article 3 20(3)© and regulations 17(1)(a) to (e))
- Reimbursement of legal expenses (Article 320(3)(d))
- Wound and extraordinary pension cases (Article 320(3)(e))
In addition, the appsc is entrusted with the following items of work:
- Conduct of Departmental Tests for several departments.
- Conducting of examination for admission to RIMC, Dehradun.
- Half yearly examination for IAS and IPS Officers and Proficiency tests for AIS Officers conduction.
- Watching of temporary appointments exceeding 3 months and according to concurrence for their continuance (regulation 16)
- Consultation in cases of appointment of contract extending over 5 years (Regulation 16)
In the year 1963 Government of Andhra Pradesh brought out regulations called “Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Regulations” vide G.O.Ms.No.489, G.A.D., date: 23.4.1963.
These Regulations were based on the Madras PSC Regulations 1950, Adhoc regulations issued for the year 1954, 1956 & 1957 by the Andhra Government and the Hyderabad PSC Regulations 1952.
Regulations specify the composition of the organization, conditions of service of Chairman, Members and other staff. They also specify scales of pay, matters in respect of which Commission shall be consulted and matters in respect of which org. shall not be consulted.
It also indicates services under the purview of the Commission to make appointments through direct recruitments. The A.P. Public Service Commission has made rules of procedures to regulate its procedure in relating to the performance of its functions.
The rules prescribe the procedure to be followed with regard to recruit ment by transfer/promotions, disciplinary cases etc.
appsc Recent Notification
This is the place where you will get all the notification of all the recent activities in APPSC. Hence for all the upcoming notifications keep visiting this page and view all the results, appsc hall ticket and jobs, in conclusion you could also help us spread the news to your friends.
Types of jobs in appsc
- statistical officer cum typist
- assistant statistical officer cum typist
- panchayat secretary
- junior assistant
Keep visiting APPSC 2017 for more Andhra Pradesh PSC recruitments, hall ticket & admit card.
Latest appsc Jobs
Civil Assistant Surgeon – Post Graduate – Posted Date 03-Oct-2017
- Designation Name : Civil Assistant Surgeon (Specialist)
- Date Posted : 03-Oct-2017
- Last Date : 03-Nov-2017
- Total Vacancies : 129
- Location : State Wide Andhra Pradesh(jobs in Andhra Pradesh)
Details regarding Civil Assistant Surgeon (Specialist) job post at APPSC
- Age Limit : Minimum & Maximum age limit is 18 to 42 years as on 01.07 2017
- Age Relaxation: NA
- Pay Scale : Rs. 93780/- Per Month
- Nationality : Indian
- Minimum Qualification: Post Graduation Medical Course in Degree / Diploma in relevant discipline or MS/ MD/DNB in relevant discipline. (post-graduate-jobs)
- Selection Process : Selection will be based on Screening Test & Main Examination.
- Application Fee : Candidates have to pay Rs. 250/- towards Online Application Processing Fee through Net Banking/ Credit card / Debit Card . All candidates are exempted from payment of Fee.
- Application Mode : Apply Online
- How To Apply : Interested candidates may apply Online through the website http://www.psc.ap.gov.in/ from 04.10.2017 to 03.11.2017 till 11:59 midnight thereafter website link will be disabled.
Important Dates for Civil Assistant Surgeon (Specialist) at APPSC
- Application Opening Date : 04.10.2017
- Application Closing Date : 03-Nov-2017