Arunachal Pradesh PSC established in 1988 have been performing its role as guardian of merit and equity in recruitments to higher post of civil services for the state of Arunachal Pradesh with considerable dexterity and poise and have gained trust of people for its impartiality and integrity. This trust has been well earned over the years through smooth discharge of its constitutional role made possible by well-nurtured and time-tested modes and conventions and respect for conventional values.With the demands of the time and effect of globalization and information technology, this Commission has introduced many desirable changes in selection process and evaluation to make it adequately transparent. Launching Commission’s own website through N.I.C. on computer for the benefit of the general public and prospective candidate is one of it.
|APPSC Fullform||Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Owner||Government of Arunachal Pradesh|
|Formed||1 April 1988|
|Purpose||Civil service advice and Recruitment|
|Address||PSC Building, Vidhan Vihar, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh- 791111|
The Arunachal Pradesh PSC (APPSC)is a Constitutional body constituted with effect from 1st April 1988 under Article-315 of the Constitution of India vide Notification OM-15/88 dated 29th March 1988. The Commission advice the Government of Arunachal Pradesh on all matters relating to state civil services and publish notifications inviting applications for selection to various posts as per the requisitions of the appointing authorities, conduct written tests and interview, prepare ranked list based on the performance of the candidates and advise candidates for appointing strictly based on their merit and observing the rules of reservation as and when vacancies are reported.
The Head of the Office of the Commission is the Secretary who is appointed by the Commission with prior approval of the Governor. The Secretary is assisted by a Deputy Secretary. Below to their ranks, there are 2(two) Under Secretaries. The number of Section Officers under the Commission is 3(three). About 30(thirty) other officers including Senior Personal Assistants, Personal Assistants, Assistants, Lower Divisional Clerks, Upper Divisional Clerks, Typists, Peons etc. are also assisting the Commission in its functions.
Functions and Duties of Arunachal Pradesh PSC: The Commission is presently housed in the state govt. building located near Vidhan Vihar, Itanagar.The Arunachal Pradesh PSC is the state agency authorized by the Government of Arunachal Pradesh to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of Arunachal Pradesh and to advise the government on civil service matters.
It shall be the duty of the Union and the State PSC to conduct examination for appointments. If requested by two or more states it shall be obligatory on the Union PSC to assist them in devising of Joint recruitment for services requiring special qualifications. The Union or State Commissions must be consulted:
1) On all matters relating to methods of recruitment to civil posts.
2) On the principles to be followed in making appointment, promotions and transfers and the
suitability of candidates.
3) On disciplinary matters affecting a person in service under the Central or State Govt.
4) On any claim by such a person for the costs incurred in defending legal proceedings instituted
against him in respect of acts done or purporting to be done in the execution of his duty.
5) On any claim for compensation in respect of injuries sustained by a person while serving the Govt.
In all above matters it shall be the duty of the Commission to advice. However, the President and the governors make regulations specifying the matters in which, either generally or in any particular circumstances the Commission may not be consulted (Art. 203). The functions of PSC are only advisory and the constitution has nor provision to make it obligatory upon the Govt. to act, upon the advice of the Commission in any case. Clause (4) says the Commission need not be consulted as regards the reservation of posts for Backward classes, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Art.320(4))
Consultation with the Commission on the above matters is obligatory except to the extent specified in the Arunachal Pradesh PSC (Limitation of Functions) Regulations. 1988 as amended from time to time.
Additional Functions under Art. 321:
Additional functions may be assigned to the Union and State PSC by an act of Parliament and State Legislature (Art.321).
Salaries and Allowances:
The expenses of the Union or a State PSC, and the salaries, allowances of its members are charged on the consolidated Fund of India or State, as the case may be (Art.322).
The business of the Administration Branch is transacted through the following functions:-
(1) Establishment matters including Promotion, Disciplinary, Leave and other related issues of the
staff of the Commission in accordance with APPSC Subordinate Service Rules, 1992, CCS
Conduct Rules, 1968 and CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972.
(2) Service, Supply and Stores by inviting tenders and quotations.
(3) Matters relating to other State PSCs and miscellaneous matters.
(4) Maintenance of Records of Office.
Departmental promotion committee (DPC):
Vide Govt. Notification No. OM10/93(Pt) Dated 22nd December 2002, The DPC has been withdrawn by the Govt. from the purview of the APPSC. However, Commission has been entrusted with the following works:-
1) Consultation on Framing/Amendments of Requirement Rules/Service Rules.
2) Consultation on disciplinary cases.
3) Consultation of Regularization of officiating/Ad-hoc appointments.
4) Conduct of limited Departmental Competitive Examination of Group A & B posts.
5) Placement of Lecturers into Senior Scale/Selection Grade/Reader.
ARUNACHAL PRADESH PSC RECRUITMENT
Horticulture Development Officer – Graduate – Posted Date 13-Oct-2017
- Designation Name : Horticulture Development Officer
- Date Posted : 13-Oct-2017
- Last Date : 13-Nov-2017
- Total Vacancies : 06
- Location : Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh)(jobs in Arunachal Pradesh)
Details regarding Horticulture Development Officer job post at APPSC
- Age Limit : Minimum & maximum age limit is 18 to 30 years as on 13.11.2017
- Age Relaxation: NA
- Pay Scale : Rs. 39100/- + Grade Pay : Rs. 5400/-
- Nationality : Indian
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor degree in Horticulture from recognized university or Institution. (graduate-jobs)
- Selection Process : Selection will be made on Written Exam & Interview.
- Application Fee : Candidates belonging to General Category have to pay Rs. 130/- & Rs. 100/- for APST Candidates through Demand Draft/Indian Postal Order in favour of Secretary, Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission, Itanagar- 791111.
- Application Mode : Apply Offline
- How To Apply : Interested candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with self attested copy of relevant documents, two recent passport size photograph & DD/IPO send to the Secretary, Arunchal Pradesh Public Service Commission, Itanagar-791111 on or before 13.11.2017.
Important Dates for Horticulture Development Officer at APPSC
- Application Closing Date : 13-Nov-2017
Click here for more engineering Jobs