Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions.
Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
- Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination are also applicable.
Candidates in General Category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020, are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination are also applicable.
- Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2020.
- However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centers across the country.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online at, http://www.iiseradmission.in/index.php/pages/applynow
- Application portal opens on: 23rd March, 2020.
(SCB: March 23, 2020 (Application portal goes live at 11 AM).
KVPY: April 24, 2020 (Application portal opens at 11 AM).
JEE: June 1, 2020 (Application portal opens at 11 AM ).
- Application portal closes at 5 PM: 30th April, 2020.
- IISER Aptitude Test: 31st May, 2020 (Sunday).
For more details, please visit, http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/