CEL: Central Electronics Limited is a Govt. of India Enterprise under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science & Technology. It was established in 1974 with an objective to commercially exploit indigenous technologies developed by National Laboratories and R&D Institutions in the country.
|Founded||26th June 1974|
|Type||Public Sector Undertaking|
|Products||Solar Photovoltaic, Railways Electronics, Ceramics|
|Location||New Delhi, India|
|key People||Dr. Nalin Singhal, Chairman and Managing Director|
|Address||Central Electronics Limited ( A Public Sector Enterprise) 4, Industrial Area,
Sahibabad – 201 010 (U.P.) India
|Registered office||781, Desh Bandhu Gupta Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi-110005, India|
CE Ltd. has developed a number of products for the first time in the country through its own R&D efforts and in close association with the premier National & International Laboratories including Defense Laboratories. In recognition of all these efforts, it has been awarded a number of times with prestigious awards including “National Award for R&D by DSIR”.
Central Electronics Limited is a pioneer in the country in the field of Solar Photovoltaic (SPV) and it has developed the technology with its own R&D efforts. Its Solar products have been qualified to International Standards IEC 61215/61730.
It has also developed axle counter systems that are being used in Railway signaling system for safe running of trains. Railway products include Single Section Digital Axle Counters (SSDAC), High Availability SSDAC (HA-SSDAC), Multi-section Digital Axle Counter (MSDAC) & Block Proving by Axle Counter (BPAC) using Universal Fail Safe Block Interface (UFSBI). These products have been designed and developed in accordance with CENELEC standards.
CEL has developed a number of critical components for strategic applications and is supplying these items to Defence.
- Solar Photovoltaic: Central Electronics Limited is the pioneer and one of the manufacturers of Solar-Photovoltaic (SPV) Cells, Modules, and Systems in India. Through own R&D efforts, spread over a decade of continuous efforts, the company has converted a laboratory concept into an industrial technology. With its commitment to harness the solar energy, has opened up new vistas in the field of solar photovoltaic. Backed by an integrated production facility to manufacture Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells and Modules with the state-of-the-art screen-printing technology, the company has supplied more than 5 Lakhs SPV Systems in India and abroad, covering both rural and industrial applications.CEL’s Solar Photovoltaic Water pumping system is modular, flexible and is available in two types i.e. Shallow well type and Deep good type. They are ideally suitable for those areas where conventional grid supply is either erratic or non-existent. CEL’s Solar Water Pumping System requires minimal maintenance. These systems don’t require batteries. DC power generated by Solar Modules is directly fed to the pump.
- Community Centers/Schools/Worship places
- Deep Well Water Pumping ( for drinking /irrigation )
- Shallow Well Water Pumping ( for drinking /irrigation )
Railways: CEL introduced axle counters on Indian Railways. These are being used for block proving and for track occupancy detection. It manufactures single-section as well as multi-section digital axle counters. These products have been developed in accordance with CENELEC standards. The Single Section Digital Axle Counter SSDAC-710P is the latest model of Single Section Axle Counters from CEL. It is used for Train detection in station sectioned for detecting occupancy of railway track section primarily for the vital control of section occupancy. Examples of applications of axle counters are:
- Train detection in automatic signaling section for signal control
- Train detection in the block section for block proving
- Train detection in Railway yards
Security Services: Integrating best of breed technologies from the world of security services is the latest addition to CEL’s solution portfolio. We seek to be a trusted advisors to government enterprise. Our strengths are speedy implementation and lower TCO based on a clear understanding of the customer requirements.
Strategic Electronics: CEL is one of the very few companies, worldwide, that indigenously manufactures ferrite phase shifters for C- and X- bands. it has production facilities for meeting bulk demand of the phase shifters. Measurement of the phase shifter is fully automated using customized software. CEL is Pioneer in a manufacturing of different type of PZT elements since 1976 in India. It manufactures various grade of Piezo-ceramics elements for low power as well as high power application that is PZT-5A, PZT-5H, PZT-5J for low power applications and PZT-4, PZT-8 for high power applications. Piezo ceramics elements can be manufactured in any shape or sizes as per the requirement.These are more versatile with physical, chemical and piezoelectric characteristics able to be tailored to specific applications. Ceramics can be manufactured in almost any given shape or size.