Goa PSC: The Goa Public Service Commission is a body created by the Constitution of India. The Commission advises the Government on all matters relating to State Civil Services referred to it under Article 320 (3) of the Constitution.With the attainment of Statehood w.e.f. 30-5-87, under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, Goa was entitled to have its own Public Service Commission. Accordingly, Notification No. 13/54/88-PER-117 dated 26th May 1988 was issued by the Government of Goa and w.e.f. 30-5-88 the Goa Pubic Service Commission (GPSC) was set up and the UPSC discontinued to exercise its jurisdiction over service matters, in Goa. Dr. J.C. Alemeida, IAS (Retired) was appointed as the first Chairman of the Goa Public Service Commission.
Organization: Goa Public Service Commission
|Goa PSC Full form||Goa Public Service Commission|
|Type||State Governing Body|
|Owner||Government of Goa|
|Established||26th May 1988|
|Headquarters||GOA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, EDC HOUSE, BLOCK – C, 1st FLOOR, DADA VAIDYA ROAD, PANAJI GOA, PIN: 403 001.|
|Key Person||Shri. Jose Manuel Noronha|
|languages||English, Marathi and Konkani|
n 1962 the Indian Parliament passed the 12th Amendment Act, 1962 to the Constitution of India, under which the Territory of Goa, Daman & Diu was included in the Schedule I of the Constitution of India (Constitution) and was declared as an Union Territory.As an Union Territory, all the selections for Gazetted group “A” and “B” posts were made through the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). All their service matters, such as promotions, confirmations, seniority, recruitment rules, disciplinary matters, etc. were controlled by the UPSC.
Functions of Goa PSC: The key Functions of Goa Public Service Commission are:
- To conduct examinations for appointments to the civil services of the State of Goa.
- It shall be the duty of a Goa Public Service Commission to advise on any matter so referred to them and on any other matter which the Governor of Goa may refer to them;Provided that the Governor, as respects other services and posts in connection with the affairs of the State, may make regulations specifying the matters in which either generally or in any particular class of case or in any particular circumstances, it shall not be necessary for a Goa Public Service Commission to be consulted.
- The Goa Public Service Commission is entrusted with the above functions in respect of Group “A” and “B” posts only. However, certain categories of the posts have been excluded from the purview of the Commission by virtue of the Goa Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1988, under Article 320 of the Constitution of India, which are as follows:
- Posts in respect of which the authority to appoint is specifically conferred on the Governor by the Constitution.
- Posts of Chairman or Member of any Board, Tribunal, Commission, Committee or other similar authority created by or under provisions of a Statute.
- Posts of Chairman or Members of any Board, Tribunal, Commission, Committee or other similar body appointed by or under the authority of a resolution of the State Legislature or by a resolution of the Government for the purpose of conducting any investigation or inquiry into or for advising the Government on specified matters.
- Posts on the personal staff attached to holders of posts mentioned in items (1) to (3) aboveAll posts in the Goa Legislature Secretariat.
- All posts in the Goa Legislature Secretariat.District Judges, Sessions Judges, Additional District Judges and Additional Sessions Judges in the State.
- All posts in Grade-II Senior Branch- Civil Judge Senior Division.All Class Group ‘C’ and Class Group ‘D’ Services and posts save as otherwise expressly provided in the relevant rules or orders governing recruitment thereto
- All posts on the personal, secretariat and household establishments of the Governor.
- Any Service or post or class of posts in respect of which the commission has agreed that it shall not be necessary for it to be consulted.
4. Appointments of Civil Judge Junior Division in the judicial services of the State are also within the purview of the Commission, since besides the High Court, Commission is also required to be consulted by the Governor while making such appointments.
5. The Chairman of the Commission constitutes the committees and assigns the work to the Members and Staff of the Commission to carry out the functions of the Commission. Interview Committees and Departmental Promotion Committees are the important Committees. In case of Interview Committee, Chairman seeks assistance of advisors/experts as per the requirements.
6. The Commission has to submit an Annual Report to the Governor of Goa regarding the work done by Commission, indicating the cases, if any, where the advice of the Commission was not accepted and the reasons for such non-acceptance.
The expenses of the Goa Public Service Commission, including salaries, allowances and pensions to or in respect of the Members or Staff of the Commission, is charged on the Consolidated Fund of the State of Goa. At present the Commission deals with the recruitment or promotion only of “A” and “B” Group of Officers.
Goa PSC RECRUITMENT
Junior Scale Officer – Graduate – Posted Date 22-Jul-2017
Details regarding Junior Scale Officer job post at Goa PSC
Important Dates for Junior Scale Officer at Goa PSC
Click here for more engineering Jobs
Assistant Librarian – Post Graduate – Posted Date 18-Jul-2017
Details regarding Assistant Librarian job post at Goa PSC
Venue of Interview: Administrative Block, Goa University.
Important Dates for Assistant Librarian at Goa PSC
Click here for more engineering Jobs