HPL: Hindustan Prefab Limited (HPL), one of the oldest CPSEs, functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation. Pioneer of Prefab technology in India – HPL was established as a Department in 1948, for meeting the housing needs of people who were migrated from Pakistan. Later HPL was incorporated as a company in the name of Hindustan Housing Factory Limited in 1953 and became a CPSE in 1955. On 9th March 1978, name of the company was changed to Hindustan Prefab Ltd (HPL).
|HPL Fullform||Hindustan Prefab Limited|
|Type||Public sector enterprise|
|Industry||Housing & Urban sector|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, Delhi 110014|
|KeyPerson||Sh. Rajesh Goel (CMD)|
|Address||Jangpura, Near Rajdoot Hotel, New Delhi, Delhi 110014|
Over the years, HPL has built a wide range of civil engineering structures besides supplying pre-fabricated components for the building industry and Indian Railways, HPL was amongst the pioneers which introduced PRC railway sleepers, a technically feasible substitute to wood and steel railway sleepers. HPL was the first to produce pre-cast pre-stressed concrete railway bridges girders for building railways bridges. HPL is credited with building large number of residential, industrial, and institutional structures using pre-cast concrete and prefabrication technique. Standing on the landscape of Delhi are structures made by HPL namely the Ashoka Hotel, Palam Air Port Terminal Building, East and West Block in R.K. Puram, Vikas Bhawan in IP Estate to name a few, all using prefab building components. The Hotel Oberoi Intercontinental, the flagship Hotel of the Oberoi Group used precast concrete components manufactured by HPL.
The HPL complex is located on a 28.639-acre plot of land in Jangpura, New Delhi. There is a railway siding inside the factory to facilitate HPL to ship with ease its products to the end user’s sites. However, since 2004 production of PRC railway sleepers, electricity poles and other prefab Civil engineering components has been suspended, as manufacturing thereof became economically unviable. In the alterative, to remain a going concern, HPL focused on securing project management contracts. today HPL is one of the leading CPSEs aiming to deliver hi-tech Project Management Consultancy services in civil construction projects which includes mass housing projects under various Govt. schemes, educational, hospitals and other institutional buildings of Central & State Govt. and their Agencies. The works entrusted to HPL are executed by ensuring quality and timely completion with both conventional and prefab technologies.
HPL is one of the “Turnaround CPSE” as per Guidelines issued by the Government of India for declaring a sick CPSE as “Turnaround CPSE”. The financial restructuring of HPL was approved by the Govt. of India through conversion of Govt. Loan and interest as on 31.03.2008 amounting to Rs. 128 Crores into equity as financial restructuring without cash infusion. Consequent to the restructuring, HPL has not availed any budgetary support from the Government and has maintained a positive net worth.
HPL Vision: To be a premier organization in the field of Civil construction and infrastructure industry by embracing state of art and cost effective technology in Prefab /Precast as well as conventional methods committed to total customer satisfaction.
HPL Mission: Corporate Mision of HPL are;
- To pioneer Prefabrication methods and technology whereby ensuring optimum Quality and effortless Construction Techniques within one’s means;
- To become the customers most preferred choice by attaining excellence in quality and on time completion of value added ventures;
- To act as execution arm of Govt. of India, Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation for mass housing /development of infrastructure in urban areas;
- To act in a socially responsible manner whilst upholding environmental responsibility ensuring customer & employee satisfaction by enhancing employee competence and ensuring the interest of other stake holders.
- To become a Rs. 500 crores turnover company within 3 years;
- To be a financially sustainable company with a robust order book;
- To play an active role in Central Govt. agenda of “Providing Housing To All by 2022”;
- To take up a major role under ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan’ for providing sanitation facilities in all schools in the country.
- To propagate and adopt prefab and PEB technology;
- To explore the possibility for setting up manufacturing facility of prefab components;
- To enhance the requisite skills of its manpower through fresh induction & skill development.
Completed Projects of HPL: Although HPL has completed large no. projects, details of major works completed in last ten years for which Project Management and Consultancy services rendered are given below as under: PREFAB PROJECTS
To see all completed projects of HPL: Click here