About HPU: The Himachal Pradesh University was founded on July 22, 1970. It is located at Summer Hill which is at a distance of 5 km’s from the main town, Shimla. The University is nestled amidst tall and lush green trees of deodars, oats, pines, and rhododendrons. The location of the University presents a panoramic natural view among the woods, settled around Summer Hill. The camps where one-half baths in the fresh sun towards the east and another half in the grandeur of unique sunset on the West. Overlooking snow peaked majestic mountain ranges add to the lofty ideals and vision of the university. Its salubrious climate and calmness present congenial atmosphere to pursue higher studies. The University campus occupies an area of 200 acres and has been designed to possess a distinctive architectural style. Himachal Pradesh University is the only multi-faculty and affiliating University in the state. It firmly believes in what India’s first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru said in his soft. Cited convocation address at the University of Allahabad, “A University stands for humanism, for tolerance, for the region, for progress, for the adventure of ideas and for the search for truth. It stands for the onward march of the human race towards even higher
|Motto||Those, who are armed with knowledge, skillful|
|Chancellor||Acharya Dev Vrat|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. A. D. N. Bajpai|
|Location||Summer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Contact||+91-(0177)-2830958, 28333555, 2833515|
Mission and Objectives
- To cultivate the spirit of free inquiry, to foster independent and critical thinking, to be a repository of knowledge, to be an instrument of dissemination of knowledge and to promote the traditions, values enshrined in Indian heritage and tradition. To be specific, its purpose is to empower, in particular, the people of Himachal Pradesh, most of whom lives in difficult, remote and tribal areas, through educational processes by undertaking teaching, research and outreach programs.
- Further, it strives to have a system of higher education rigorously intellectual and socially relevant. It is to inculcate in students values of reason, discipline, democracy, patriotism, respect for differences, rigor, objectivity, professionalism, social responsibility, cooperation, non-violence and perfectionism.
- The University aims at providing opportunity, both through the formal and distance mode, for total quality education to everyone irrespective of gender, race, creed, caste, or class. It is engaged in equipping students with relevant and appropriate skills, attitudes and experiences for meeting the challenges of life.
Hence broadly speaking, the mission of the University is to usher Himachal Pradesh and India into the new millennium as a leading contributor in the field of education and research both in the social sciences, languages, behavioural sciences and in science & technology.
Major Thrust-Research Areas
- Integrated Himalayan Studies
- Application of Biotechnology in Forestry, Agriculture, and Horticulture
- Mycorrhizal Technology, Ecology, Taxonomy, Ethno-Botany, Biodiversity, Wood Science, Honeybees, Cytogenetics, Plant and Animal Physiology, etc.
- Polymer Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry.
- Computer Applications in Software Development.
- Computational Physics, Nuclear Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Solar Neutrino Physics.
- Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability, Plasma Physics, Fuzzy Algebra, Motion of non-Newtonian Fluids.
- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Tribal Studies, Human Resource Development.
- Human Geography, Remote Sensing, Population Studies, Environment.
- Trade and Commerce, Tourism, Export Marketing, Banking, Rural Development, Agricultural and Horticultural Studies.
- Cultural Studies, Folk Literature, Handicrafts.
- Clinical Psychology, Postcolonial and Subaltern Perspectives on History, Art, Culture, and Media.
- Women Studies, Canadian Studies, Teacher Education, Adult Education and Extension.
Distinct Features of University
- Accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- UGC recognized Centre for Excellence in Himalayan Studies
- Pioneered NRI (Self Financing) Scheme
- First to start Distance Education in the country
- Intellectually and Professionally enriched faculty
- HPU Alumni Excelled in All Spheres
- Fair and credible semester system of examinations
- Special assistance departments of History, Physics, Bio-Technology, Chemistry, Bio-Sciences
- Academic Staff College one of the best in India
- Commendable performance in sports and cultural activities at national level.
- Congenial environment for higher studies
- Substantial number of students qualify NET, GATE and other competitive examinations every year
- Linkages with national and international institutions
- The culture of holding seminars, workshops, conferences, symposia, etc.
- National level achievements in NCC, NSS, youth welfare programs.
- Free education to girl students.
- One seat reserved in each department for single girl child.
Public Relation: The University has a Public Relation Office especially to share informations with the public. The flow of informations from various sections, branches, departments, institutions etc. of the University is mainly in the shape of advertisements, press notes-releases and developmental features and articles. This office maintains a liaison with the higher authorities about various activities and achievements of the university at the main campus. This office works towards projecting and promoting University’s image and achievements in the media. The department compiles and collates clippings related to the University on educational field.The annual reports to be put before various authorities of the university are also prepared by this office. Department also publishes a newsletter “Campus Vibes”. Souvenirs are printed by this office on different occasions. The Public Relations Officer has come from the main stream of journalism and professionally looks after the entire department. He is assisted by an Information Assistant, Junior Assistant, Professional proof reader, and photographer.
Field Assistant – 12th Pass – Posted Date 15-Jul-2017
Details regarding Field Assistant job post at HPU
Important Dates for Field Assistant at HPU
Click here for more teaching Jobs
Clerk – 12th Pass – Posted Date 15-Jul-2017
Details regarding Clerk job post at HPU
Important Dates for Clerk at HPU
Click here for more teaching Jobs