IIM Kozhikode the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode is one of the 19 Indian Institutes of Management set up by the Government of India. The Institute, founded in 1996 in collaboration with the State Government of Kerala, was the 5th IIM to be established.
|Type||Public business school|
|Chairman||A. C Muthiah|
|Location||Kozhikode, Kunnamangalam, Kerala, India|
|Campus||Suburban,97 acres (0.4 km2)|
|Motto||Diligence leads to Excellence|
|Address||Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, IIMK Campus P. O., Kozhikode, Kerala, India, PIN – 673 570|
The Institute conducts a full range of academic activities in the field of management education covering research, teaching, and training, consulting and intellectual infrastructure development. The Institute emphasizes development of analytical skills and a focus on global and cross-cultural issues with a balance between business demands and social concerns
Spread over about 111 acres of land, the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode is situated on two hillocks in the Kunnamangalam Area of an ancient city of Calicut in Kerala. Boasting of one of the most picturesque and oxy-rich campuses in the country, the world class infrastructure includes air-conditioned classrooms, guest care areas and LAN/WAN connectivity which enable every IIMK resident to be exposed to a wholesome experience. Managed by a dedicated regular administrative staff of 66, it is one of the most efficient Institutions in the country, which knows how to keep balance sheet green and keep all the stakeholders happy.
With its roots dating back to 1996, the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK) was the fifth IIM to be established in the country. The first batch of 42 students was admitted in 1997 and the Institute has since grown tremendously over the years with a current batch strength of 384 odd students, making it the fastest growing management school in the country.
IIMK pioneered the Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) Program for working executives in India, started with 300 class contact hrs in 2001-02.The Two year-long Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management is the most rigorous program available in the country having around 810 class contact hours with Accreditation of AMBA (Association of MBAs).
The institute moved to its new campus in January 2003 and the number of programs increased manifold with this step. The training activity is expected to witness further growth with the latest 64 room executive hostel and the construction of a modern 200-bed management development complex. The Institute today is a leader in Faculty Development Programmes (FDP), conducting the largest number of programs (18) totaling 20 weeks in 2008-09, and is the major QIP (Quality Improvement Programme) Centre of the All Indian Council of Technical Education, in the field of management education.
IIMK is also one of the few Centres for Development of Digital Libraries in the world and is a country leader. A prominent achievement which comes to the limelight is the establishment of an Incubation Centre for Excellence, in collaboration with the Government of Kerala to help the Scheduled Castes/tribes students overcome their deficiencies in communication, personality etc. Incidentally, IIMK is one of the few management institutes in the country who has filled a full quota of SC/ST candidates in its Postgraduate Programme on regular basis with the sound track record in job placement. With a highly qualified and experienced faculty, and backed by a large number of committed adjunct and visiting faculty from Industry and other leading management institutes including foreign universities, academics is always a high priority.
The Institute has a strong International Exchange Programme for students and faculty with several leading Management Institutes in EU and ASEAN countries like SDA, Bocconi, Jonkoping, Sweden, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, ESCAP-EAP, France; University of Queensland, Austria, Victoria University of Wellington and so on. An active member of the Strategic Management Forum, IIMK lays stress on organizing Seminar/Conferences and conducts management programs for teachers. Leading Management Institutions like IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore and Lucknow along with MDI, Gurgaon, XLRI, Jamshedpur and IIFT, New Delhi join hands to conduct week-long faculty development program on various subjects in the field of Strategic Management.
- Vision: The institute aims to create a unique and futuristic space of global reckoning so as to nurture the finest management thinkers in the pursuit of developing innovative, socially responsible and environmentally friendly practitioners, leaders and educators. Hence, it abides by its dictum of ‘Globalizing Indian Thought’.
- Mission: The Institute seeks to inculcate a spirit of wholesome learning giving equal weight age to academic solidarity and practical application. It aspires to integrate concepts with applications and values, thereby nurturing dependable, capable, caring and fair-minded individuals who will contribute towards the development of communities.
- Campus: The main campus is located in Kunnamangalam, a sub-urban area of Kozhikode (previously known as Calicut), Kerala. Kozhikode is the second largest city in Kerala. The campus is spread across two hills which are part of the Western Ghats. Besides classrooms, the campus also has residential facilities for students, faculty, and visitors. The campus houses 13 hostels to house around 800 students who are required to stay on campus. Set up over 100 acres of land, the campus relies on rain water harvesting as its primary source of water
- People: IIMK students, typically known as “Komrades”, typically number 360 students in two batches with women making up about 40% of the total student community. Engineering graduates constitute around 70-80% of the student community.The average incoming student for PGP course has 15 months of full-time work experience. The most popular career industries for graduates are finance(33%) and marketing/operations(27%).The average age of participants for the Executive MBA program is around 30 years with average work experience of 7.5 years and a minimum experience of five years.
- Research: Research projects are funded either through IIMK’s ‘Small Grant Research Project’ scheme, by external sources such as the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, Government of Kerala or through collaborations with foreign universities/research institutes. Fifteen externally sponsored research projects and 40 small grant research projects including the development of cases have been completed during 1997-2007. During the academic year 2006-2007, eighteen journal articles, five book chapters, five edited books, one book, fifteen working papers and three case studies were published.
The institute employs 48 full-time faculty members in economics, finance and accounting, managerial communication, general management, organizational behavior and human resources, quantitative methods and operations management, information technology and systems and strategic management departments. Professor Kulbhushan Balooni is the current director of IIM Kozhikode.
IIM Kozhikode RECRUITMENT
Estate Supervisor – Graduate – Posted Date 13-Oct-2017
- Designation Name : Estate Supervisor
- Date Posted : 13-Oct-2017
- Last Date : 06-Nov-2017
- Total Vacancies : 01
- Location : Kozhikode (Kerela)(jobs in Kerala)
Details regarding Estate Supervisor job post at IIMK
- Age Limit : Maximum age limit is 40 years.
- Age Relaxation: NA
- Pay Scale : Rs. 16300/- Per Month
- Nationality : Indian
- Minimum Qualification: Graduation in any discipline with five years experience in Fire Safety, Security, Transport and Estate Management. (graduate-jobs)
- Selection Process : Selection will be based on Interview.
- Application Fee : NA
- Application Mode : Apply Online
- How To Apply : Interested candidates may apply online through the website http://iimk.ac.in/announcements/recruitment.php & submit their application to the Kozhikode Campus P.O., Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode , Kerala 673570 on or before 06.11.2017.
Important Dates for Estate Supervisor at IIMK
- Application Opening Date : NA
- Application Closing Date : 06-Nov-2017
- Last Date for Challan Generation : NA
- Last Date for Payment of Fee : NA
- Date of Exam : NA
- Date of Interview : 07.11.2017
- Online Apply Link
- Download Application Form
- Official Website URL
- Official Advertisement Link
- Detail Guidelines Link
- Qualification Detail Link :
Click here for more engineering Jobs
based on 6786 customer reviews