- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from rural areas.
- To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages.
- To promote national integration through migration of students from Hindi to non-Hindi speaking State and vice-versa.
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement in quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities.
For rural applicants:
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
- A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized school(s) located in rural areas. However, the Applicant should study full academic session in Class-V from the same district where admission is sought.
- Applicants studying under the schemes of National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate / Tehsildar / Block Development Officer.
For Urban Applicants:
- A Applicant who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV and V will be considered as an urban Applicant.
- Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2011 census or through a subsequent Government notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
For Transgender Applicants: No separate reservation for transgender category candidates is provided and they will be included in Boys category for reservation purpose, under various sub-categories viz Rural, Urban, SC, ST and Divyang.
How to apply: Applicants can apply online mode only
- The last date to submit online application: 15th September, 2019.
- The admit card will be made available with effect from: 1st December, 2019 and 1st March, 2020.
Date of examination: JNVST 2020-21 will be held in two phases as given below:
- 11th January, 2020 in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh (except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts), Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, & West Bengal (except Darjeeling), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep and Pudducherry.
- 11th April, 2020 in the States of Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Uttrakhand and in the Districts of Dibang Valley and Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal.
For more details, please visit,