Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) is the primary and the principal instrumentality of the Kerala state in providing human resources, and skills and technology, required for the sustainable development of its agriculture, defined broadly encompassing all production activities based on land and water, including crop production (agriculture), forestry and fisheries through conducting, interfacing and integrating education, research, and extension in these spheres of economic endeavour. It is situated in Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala. Dr. P. Rajendran is the Vice-Chancellor and Dr. P.V. Balachandran is the Registrar (i/c)
|KAU Fullform||kerela Agriculture University|
|Chancellor||Governor of Kerala|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. P. Rajendran|
|Location||Thrissur City, Kerala, India|
|Affiliations||Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR)|
|Contact||+91-487-2438011 , +91-487-2438050|
Kerala Agricultural University, KAU Main Campus, KAU P.O., Vellanikkara, Thrissur Kerala 680656
On the recommendation of the Second National Education Commission (1964-66) headed by Dr. D.S. Kothari, the then Chairman of the University Grants Commission, one Agricultural University in each State was established. The State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) were established in India as an integral part of the National Agricultural Research System to give the much-needed impetus to Agriculture Education and Research in the Country. As a result the Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) was established on 24th February 1971 by virtue of the Act 33 of 1971 and started functioning on 1st February 1972. The Kerala Agricultural University is the 15th in the series of the SAUs.
Now the University has six colleges (three Agriculture, one Agricultural Engineering, one Forestry, one Co-operation Banking & Management), six RARSs, seven KVKs, 15 Research Stations and 16 Research and Extension Units under the faculties of Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Forestry. In addition, one Academy on Climate Change Adaptation and one Institute of Agricultural Technology offering M.Sc. (Integrated) Climate Change Adaptation and Diploma in Agricultural Sciences respectively are also functioning in Kerala Agricultural University.
Excellence in Agricultural Education, Research and Extension for Sustainable Agricultural Development and Livelihood security of farming community.
- Kerala Agricultural University is well poised to meet the challenges ahead that transforms agriculture sector into the engine of growth of Kerala’s economy by providing the human resources, and skills and technology for the sustainable development of state’s agriculture, all economic activities put to the production of biomass-based land and water including crop production (agriculture) and forestry .
- Realisation of this objective renders imperative; on the one hand, the fostering the natural strengths and advantages emanating from resource endowments such as abundant rainfall, and sun-shine and tropical year round biomass production capability as well as the literate and well informed human population; and on the other hand sharpening the competitive edge of Kerala’s agriculture through a package of appropriate strategies, public policies, programmes technology services and investment support.
- In the specific context of Kerala’s highly heterogeneous resource base and societal values, for ensuring livelihood security of the dependent population a paradigm shift in optimisation of the biophysical resource base for agriculture development is called for from the maximisation of production of specific commodities in contrast, to the maximisation of income and employment on a sustainable basis.
- The Kerala Agricultural University would strive to fulfill its commitment by reorienting and restructuring its programs. In education at the graduate level, professionalism would be strengthened with entrepreneurship; and at the post graduate level, training would be imparted in emerging areas integrating relevant disciplines such as biotechnology, natural resource management, environment, IPR and biodiversity, WTO and global trade to mention a few.
- Research would be reoriented on pursuing a system approach to technology generation systems rather than specific commodities and focused on integrated agro-silvi-pastoral-aqua production systems and resource based livestock production; emphasis would be on product conversion and value addition rather than ending production alone.
- Extension and technology transfer would focus on group approach and area approach, and technology for production systems rather than commodities; training for entrepreneurship rather than adding skills; and support services to be rendered by the single window.
Objectives: The University focuses its strategy on synergizing multi-disciplinary education and strengthening problem-specific research relevant to the state and help building innovative extension systems for sustainable management of natural resources, sustainable agricultural production and overall improvement of rural livelihoods.To achieve the Mission and Goal, the University propose to adopt the following programs:
- Provide quality education in Agriculture, Horticulture, Co-operation, Forestry, Agricultural Engineering, Home Science and other allied disciplines.
- Undertake basic, applied and adaptive research to address current and future challenges of farming community and to provide management options relevant to the prevailing agroclimatic and socioeconomic situations.
- Generate appropriate technologies to support sustainable growth of agricultural entrepreneurship and agri-business.
- Develop innovative extension strategies and formulate effective mechanisms for Transfer of Technology to institutions and farmers for enhanced and sustainable agricultural production leading to improved rural livelihoods.
- Locate and protect biodiversity to preserve agroecosystem of the state and to document traditional knowledge and technologies.
Goals: To Provide human resources, skills and technology required for sustainable development of agriculture, including crop production, co-operation, forestry, agricultural engineering, home science and other allied disciplines by integrating education, research and extension.
- The Kerala Agricultural University is an autonomous public funded institution incorporated in the State of Kerala.
- The Governor of Kerala is the Chancellor and the Minister for Agriculture, the Pro-Chancellor of the University.
- The supreme authority of the University is the General Council and the chief executive body is the Executive Committee.
- The Academic Council, the Boards of Studies of the faculties and the four-member Finance Committee are the other statutory authorities.
- The Vice-Chancellor is the principal executive and academic officer of the University who is assisted by the Registrar, the Comptroller, Deans of the Faculties, the Directors of Research, Extension, Physical Plant, Students’ Welfare, and the Librarian holding tenurial positions, and recognized as the Officers of the University. In addition, the Director of Academic and Post Graduate Studies assists the Vice-Chancellor in academic affairs. The Vice-Chancellor is also the ex-officio Chairman of the General Council, Executive Committee and the Academic Council.
- The general administrative control is vested with the Registrar
- The Comptroller is responsible for budgeting finance, statements of accounts and audit.
- The co-ordination, direction and administration of research activities in the University are vested with the Director of Research.
- The Director of Extension is responsible for the extension education and Public relations.
- The Deans and Associate Deans of the various colleges are in charge of resident teaching and instruction of the respective colleges.
- The Director of Students’ Welfare coordinates the welfare activities of students of different colleges under the University.
- The Director of Physical Plant is in charge of the construction and maintenance of buildings, roads, vehicles and machinery.
Teaching Assistant – Graduate – Posted Date 04-Jul-2017
Designation Name : Teaching Assistant
Date Posted : 04-Jul-2017
Last Date : 22-Jul-2017
Total Vacancies : 04
Location : State Wide Kerala
Click here for more jobs in Kerala
Details regarding Teaching Assistant job post at KAU
Age Limit : Maximum age limit is 40 years as on 01.01.2017
Age Relaxation: NA
Pay Scale : Rs.35000/- Per Month
Nationality : Indian
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture /Horticulture. Masters degree in the relevant subject recognized by Kerala Agricultural University with OGPA 3/4 under Trisemester system 8/10 under Semester system or 55% marks under traditional system or equivalent.
Click here for more graduate-jobs
Selection Process : Selection will be based on Interview.
Application Fee : NA
Application Mode : Apply Online
How To Apply : Interested candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with self-attested copies of certificates send to The Associate Director of Research, Regional Agricultural Research Station, Mele Pattambi (PO), Palakkad Dist., 679306 (Pin), on or before 22.07.2017.
Important Dates for Teaching Assistant at KAU
Application Opening Date : NA
Application Closing Date : 22-Jul-2017
Last Date for Challan Generation : NA
Last Date for Payment of Fee : NA
Date of Exam : NA
Date of Interview : NA
Online Apply Link : Click Here
Download Application Form : Click Here
Official Website URL : Click Here
Official Advertisement Link : Click Here
Detail Guidelines Link : Click Here
Qualification Detail Link : Click Here
Click here for more teaching Jobs