- 3-Year Honors/Major degree in any subject from a recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category and 40% for SC/ST category) in Honors/Major papers.
- (In case Honors/Major is NOT specified/ mentioned in the mark-sheet for the Degree of an applicant, then he/she will NOT be eligible.)
- Candidates who have completed Graduation Final Results and fulfill the eligibility conditions stated above may apply for admission to M.A in Journalism & Mass communication course for the academic session 2019-20.OR
- A candidate who has appeared or due to appear in the Graduation Final Year/Semester Examination 2019, within 28th June 2019 may also apply, provided he/she fulfils the minimum eligibility criteria (stated above) in Honors/Major papers in the earlier parts/semesters (PART I/ PART II exams or semesters up to the Final semester) together
- For such a candidate the latest available marks Honors/Major papers in semester system/ annual system of exam will be considered for preparing the merit list. Such a candidate, if provisionally selected for admission, shall have to produce their final Graduation mark sheet at the time of counselling/admission.
For candidates under SC/ST Quota:
- As per circular Nos. BC-16014/1/82-SC dt.06/08/1984 & BCD-1, D.O.12017/11/89-SCD(R.CELL) dt.09/01/1990 and letter No.1510-SCW dt.31/05/2007 from the Government of West Bengal, Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of the states other than West Bengal are not entitled to get the benefit of reserved quota in educational institutions in West Bengal unless they can produce Domicile Certificate for residing in West Bengal for at least 10 years issued by the concerned authority.
For candidates under OBC Quota:
- The candidates who will be provisionally selected under the OBC- A and OBC- B categories must produce an OBC certificate (the date of issue of the certificate should not be earlier than June 2018) issued by the competent authority that clearly indicates (i) the category (A or B) they belong to; (ii) that they do not belong to creamy layer of the society, at the time of counselling/ admission.
For Candidates under PD category:
- Persons with 40% or more disability will only be considered for admission under PD category under PWD (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 2016.
How to apply:
Online applications are invited from Indian citizens. Application Form and relevant instruction will be available from our website www.jaduniv.edu.in
- Last date: 28th June, 2019.
- Last date for deposition of application fees through online: 01st July, 2019.
- Publication of list of eligible candidates for admission Test: 02nd July, 2019.
- Date of Admission Test: 06th July, 2019 at 02.00pm
- Publication of list of provisionally selected candidates: 22nd July, 2019.
- Date of Counselling: 24th July, 2019.
- Date of Admission: 25th to 30th July, 2019.
- Publication of the 2nd list (if vacancy exists): 01st August, 2019.
- Commencement of classes: 02nd August, 2019.
For more details please visit: www.jaduniv.edu.in