Research Areas Mumbai Campus – No. of seats
- Habitat Studies – (M. Phil.-5 Seats); (PhD-2 Seats)
- Public Health & Health Services Management – (M. Phil.-10 Seats); (PhD-8 Seats)
- Management and Labour Studies – (M. Phil.-10 Seats); (PhD-2 Seats)
- Social Work – (M. Phil.-15 Seats); (PhD-15 Seats)
- School of Human Ecology (Applied Psychology) – (M. Phil.-8 Seats); PhD-3 Seats
- Women’s Studies – (M. Phil.-10 Seats)
- Development Studies – (M. Phil.-15 Seats); (PhD-2 Seats)
- Social Sciences (to be anchored by School of Research Methodology) – (M. Phil.-8 Seats)
- Inclusive Development and Social Justice – (M. Phil.-10 Seats)
- Social Sciences with Specialisation in Sociology of Education – (M. Phil.-6 Seats)
- Education – (M. Phil.-10 Seats); (PhD-2 Seats)
- Psychiatric Social Work (to be anchored by School of Social Work) – M. Phil-8 Seats
- Disaster Studies – M. Phil.-6 Seats; PhD-3 Seats
Research Areas Tuljapur Campus – No. of seats
- Rural Development – (M. Phil-10 Seats)
Research Areas Hyderabad Campus – No. of seats
- Social Sciences – (PhD-6 Seats)
Research Areas Guwahati Campus – No. of seats
- Social Sciences – (MPhil-16 Seats)
Applicants will be shortlisted for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) on the basis of them meeting the following considerations with regard to educational qualifications, work experience and research proposal:
- Educational Qualifications: The minimum academic qualification for admission to the M. Phil. & PhD programmes is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognized university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 percent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven-point scale of the University Grants Commission (UGC). In the case of SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 45 percent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 2.50.
- Candidates who are likely to complete all the requirements of their final year Master’s Degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M. Phil, provided they have successfully completed their first year Master’s degree. In such cases, admission will be provisional. If a provisionally admitted student successfully completes the admission formalities such as clearing the Research Aptitude Test, but fails to score the minimum required mark/grade at the end of the final year examination of his/her Master’s degree, the offer of provisional admission will be automatically cancelled.
- A minimum of five years of post graduation work experience is required for PhD programmes. In case of the M.Phil. Programme, there is no requirement of work experience. However, candidates with one to two years of work experience, will be preferred.
- Submission of a research proposal is a compulsory requirement for admission to the M. Phil and PhD Programme. A research proposal consisting of approximately 1,000 words should accompany the proposal and indicate the Specification of the broad field of study, Statement of the research problem and scope and objectives of the study, rationale for and the significance of the study, methodology to be followed, references, and the candidate’s research/work experience in that area, if any.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply for two programmes within one or across more than one campus. The Research Aptitude Test (RAT) can be taken at any one of the chosen campuses on 14th February 2020. The RAT score is valid across campuses and across two choices.
- Candidate who apply for more than one campus, if shortlisted, have to travel for Personal interview to both the campuses on designated dates given in this brochure.
Application Fee Payment
- Applying for 1 Program: General Rs.1535/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) – Rs.410/-
- Applying for 2 Program: General Rs.3070/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) – Rs.820/-
Mode of Payment
- Online Payment by Net banking for General Rs.1535/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) – Rs.410/-
- Cash Deposit Payment: General Rs.1500 + Bank Charges
- Applying for 1 Program: Online Payment by Net banking for General Rs.1535/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) – Rs.410/-
- Applying for 2 Program: Online Payment by Net banking for General Rs.3070/-; Eligible SC/ST/OBC (NC) – Rs.820/-
- Applying for 1 Program (Cash Deposit) Payment: General Rs.1500/- + Bank Charges
- Applying for 2 Program (Cash Deposit) Payment: General Rs.3000/- + Bank Charges
- Last date: 10th January 2020 by 6.00 p.m.
- Announcement of shortlisted Candidates for RAT: 20th January 2020 by 9.00 p.m.
- Research Aptitude Test (RAT): 14th February 2020, 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
- Venue: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati.