For admission to the M. Phil programme, a candidate has to fulfill the following minimum qualifications:
Note: For all the Candidates who have passed Master’s Degree through Open University system are not eligible to apply; however, candidates who have secured their Master’s Degree under (11 + 1) or (10 + 2) +3 +2, and (10 + 2) + 5 pattern of courses of study are eligible.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / differently-abled or for those who had obtained their master’s degree prior to 16th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Teachers of Annamalai University who have put in two years of service are eligible to register for M. Phil. (Part-time) degree as per eligibility norms. Such applicants should send completed applications to the Registrar through proper channel.
Note: While granting admission to M. Phil Programmes, due attention shall be paid to the State Reservation Policy.
Admission to Foreign Students
Students who have obtained their Master’s Degree or equivalent outside the Indian Universities system are eligible for admission to M. Phil Programme.
- Foreign Students selected under various scholarship schemes, either by the Ministry of Education and Culture or the Ministry of External Affairs, will be given admission on the recommendations/sponsorship of the respective Ministry
- Self-supporting foreign students seeking admission should possess a Research VISA issued by the Indian Embassies abroad and produce a No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Education, Government of India, after clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs.
How to apply:
Online Application Registration Fee:
Rs. 1000/- for M. Phil Programme
- Candidate should register and apply only through online mode by logging on to website.
- The hard copy of the filled in online application along with enclosures shall be sent either by speed post or registered Post or in person to the Registrar, Annamalai university, Annamalai nagar- 608002
- Last date: 19th July, 2019.
- Last Date of receipt of hard copy of application with enclosures: 25th July, 2019.
- Date of Common Entrance Test and Interview: 18th August, 2019.
For more details, please visit, http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/