About MPPGCL: Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Co. Ltd (MPPGCL) is a wholly owned company of Government of Madhya Pradesh engaged in the generation of electricity in the state of Madhya Pradesh.It is a successor entity of erstwhile Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board (MPSEB). The Company, while operating and maintaining its existing units, is also constructing new Power Plants for increasing capacity in the State of Madhya Pradesh.
|MPPGCL Fullform||Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited|
|Founded||The Company was incorporated on 22.11.2001 & started functioning independently from 01-06-2005.|
|Headquarters||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Key Person||Shri Iqbal Singh Bains (Chairman), Shri A.P. Bhairve (Managing Director)|
|Contacts||0761 – 2702615|
|[email protected], [email protected]|
A brief history of the MPPGCL: The Company has been incorporated as a part of the implementation of the power sector reform in Madhya Pradesh initiated by the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Company has taken over the Generation activities of MPSEB.
- The Company is a public company fully owned by Govt. of M.P
- The Company was incorporated on 22.11.2001.
- The Company obtained the Certificate of Commencement of Business on 16-07-2002.
- The Registered office of the Company is at Shakti-Bhawan, Rampur, Jabalpur
- The Authorized Capital of the Company at present is Rs. 10,000 Cr. (Ten Thousand Crore) divided into 10,000,00,000 Shares of Rs.100 each.
- The issued, subscribed and paid-up capital is Rs.5325,54,68,800 (Rs. Five Thousand Three Hundred Twenty Five Crores Fifty Four Lacs Sixty Eight Thousand Eight Hundred only) divided into 5,3255,4,688 shares of Rs.100 each.
- The Govt. of MP vide Gazette Notification (Extraordinary) No. 226 notified order no. 3679/ FRS/ 18/13/2002 Dtd. 31-05-2005 to give effect to the reorganization of the Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board. The Para2(a) of the said order is reproduced below:“With effect from 01.06.2005 (the effective date) the function of Generation of electricity as specified in schedule A to the Transfer Scheme Rules, 2003, shall be conducted and shall be carried on by Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited as its own business and not as an agent of or on behalf of the Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board”
- The opening balance sheet of Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company Limited as on 31.05.2005 has also been notified
- Accordingly, the Company has started functioning independently, from 01-06-2005
- The Corporate Identity Number(CIN) of MPPGCL is U40109MP2001SGC014882
The vision of MPPGCL: To be one of the most admired and reliable generating utilities in India to cater to the increasing demand at economical cost by adopting the best industry practices, thereby creating value for all stakeholders.
Mission MPPGCL: To remain the status of the biggest provider of reliable and economical power in Madhya Pradesh by timely capacity addition, performance improvement, cost reduction, better utilization of human resources, concentration on environmental protection and health, safety and communication.
Objectives of MPPGCL:
- To maximize reliability and availability of power generating units.
- To minimize inputs of fuel, auxiliary power, makeup water, maintenance cost etc.
- To bring unit’s downtime to the minimum.
- To carry out maintenance jobs qualitatively and effectively as per laid down procedures within stipulated time.
- To carry out operation while maintaining rated parameters (performance & chemistry) keeping in view life of the equipment.
- To carry out optimized startups and shutdowns.
- To keep records and have a learning mechanism from them.
- To plan for overhauls, statutory inspection, and their effective execution.
- To have effective overhaul monitoring mechanism.
- To ensure sustainable O&M and preserving environment.
- To ensure industrial health and safety.
Technical Knowledge Up gradation Program: MPPGCL is envisaging introducing knowledge up-gradation program for its employees. Regarding HR our mission has to be, “To keep on developing human resources to meet organizational needs.” Subjects of such program could be large in number and varied in quality depending on the field, level, and work responsibilities. Some of such programs may be the following- • Operation engineer to be rendered simulator training. Power plant familiarization in new and advanced technologies. • O&M personnel to be rendered training, refresher program at various training centers or at the manufacturer’s work or by attending different seminars/ workshop at national & international level. • Inter generators conferences and knowledge sharing visits to be arranged for the frequent exchange of knowledge and experiences. • Interaction with various knowledge bodies such as “Knowledge Exchange Platform- KEP” of BEE and “Energy Enhancement Centre- EEC” and making the literature available to all the O&M engineers. • Management skill development programs for the managerial level.