NHPC full form is National Hydroelectric Power Corporation and it is a Govt. of India Enterprise, it was started in the year 1975 with an authorised share capital of Rs. 2,000 million.
With an objective to plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects.
Later on NHPC expanded its objects to include development of power in all its aspects through conventional and non-conventional sources in India and abroad.
Nhpc share price today is increasing steadily and you should invest in to it.
At present, NHPC is a Mini Ratna Category-I Enterprise of the Govt. of India with an authorised share capital of Rs. 1,50,000 Million.
NHPC is ranked as a premier organization in the country for development of hydropower.
Latest Jobs released by nhpc
|NHPC Fullform||National Hydroelectric Power Corporation|
|Headquarters||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|Key Person||K.M.Singh (chairman & MD)|
|Products||Electricity generation, energy trading|
|Delhi Camp Office|| 2, Pragati Bhawan, Jai Singh Road,|
New Delhi – 110 001.
|Address||Head Office: N.H.P.C Office Complex, Sector-33, Faridabad – 121003 (Haryana)|
Initially, on incorporation, NHPC took over the execution of Salal Stage-I, Bairasiul and Loktak Hydro-electric. Projects from Central Hydroelectric Project Construction and Control Board.
After government invested money in nhpc, stock price soars to all time high causing high demand for services and employees.
Latest nhpc news today is that it has also executed 5 projects with an installed capacity of 89.25 MW on turnkey basis.
Two of these projects have been commissioned in neighbouring countries i.e. Nepal and Bhutan.
Presently NHPC is engaged in the construction of 5 projects aggregating to a total installed capacity of 4290 MW including 1000 MW (Pakal Dul HE Project) being executed through JV Company.
The Missions of National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
- To achieve excellence in development of clean power at international standards .
- To execute & operate projects through efficient and competent contract management and innovative R&D in environment friendly and socio-economically responsive manner.
- To develop, nurture and empower the human capital to leverage its full potential.
- To practice the best corporate governance and competent value based management for a strong corporate identity and showing concern for employees, customer, environment and society.
- To adopt & innovate state-of-the-art technologies and optimize use of natural resources through effective management.
The Objectives of National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC)
- Undertake, where necessary, the construction of inter-state transmission lines and ancillary works for timely and coordinated inter-state exchange of power.
- Coordinate the activities of its subsidiaries, to determine their economic and financial objectives.
- Carry on the business of purchasing, selling, importing, exporting, producing, trading, manufacturing or otherwise dealing in all aspects of planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation.
- Plan, promote and organize an integrated and efficient development of power in all its aspects through Conventional and Non Conventional Sources in India and Abroad.
- Act as an agent of Government / Public Sector financial institutions, to exercise all the rights and powers exercisable at any meeting of any Company engaged in the planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation, operation, maintenance of Power Stations and Projects.
Vision Of NHPC
To be a global leading organization for sustainable development of clean power throughcompetent, responsible and innovative values.
Projects of NHPC:
NH-PC Limited has become the largest organisation for hydropower development in India. With capabilities to undertake all the activities from conceptualisation to commissioning in relation to setting up of hydro projects.
It is also planning to take Wind and Tidal wave projects in the country. It presently has an installation base of 6667 MW from 21 hydropower stations on ownership basis including projects taken up in Joint Venture.
Considering the impediments faced during execution of these projects such as unfavourable geological conditions, difficult law and order problems, inaccessible and remote locations, the achievement so far is commendable.
NHP C Consultancy:
NHP C is a well established ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified, multi-disciplinary organisation and has acquired sufficient expertise and state of art technology for planning and executing both large and small size Hydro Power Projects.
It has the support of highly qualified and experienced professionals in design and engineering, geotechnical engineering, latest range of construction and test equipments, technologies to accomplish any hydro power project from concept to commissioning.
The technical “know-why and know-how” proficiency and experience of NHPC places it in a leading position to offer a wide range of “World Class” consultancy services from “Concept to Commissioning” in the field of hydro power.
NHPC is registered as a “Consultant” with World Bank (WB), Asian Development Bank (ADB), African Development Bank (AfDB), Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED).
Commercial Division Of NHPC:
The commercial aspects of NHPC is being handled by Commercial Division which is an important unit of corporate centre. The important functions of Commercial Division are as under:
- Approval of Tariff by CERC
- Billing for the energy supplied and realisation of revenue
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Negotiating and signing of bulk power supply agreements in respect of operating power stations as well as Power Purchase Agreement for the upcoming power stations of NHPC with various Bulk Power Consumers.
- Coordination with Ministry of Power, various Regional Power Committee (RPC’s), Regional Load Dispatch Centres (RLDC’s), SEB’s/Union Territories, CERC, CEA and other Power Sector utilities.
NHPC RECRUITMENT 2018
Apprentice – ITI – Posted Date 13-Jul-2017
- Designation Name : Apprentice
- Date Posted : 13-Jul-2017
- Last Date : 28-Jul-2017
- Total Vacancies : 39
- Location : State Wide Sikkim
Details regarding Apprentice job post
- Age Limit : Minimum and Maximum age limit is 18 to 30 years.
- Pay Scale : Rs. 5082/- per month
- Nationality : Indian
- Minimum Qualification: 10th + ITI or 8th +ITI .
- Selection Process : election will be based on Merit list.
- Application Mode : Apply Offline
- How To Apply : Interested candidate may register through the website http://www.apprenticeship.gov.in & apply in prescribed application along with required documents send by Speed or Registered Post to NHPC Limited, Rangit Power Station, Ranjit Nagar, South Sikkim-737111 on or before 28.07.2017.
Important Dates for NHPC Apprentice
- Application Closing Date : 28-Jul-2017
- Official Website URL : http://www.nhpcindia.com
- Official Advertisement Link : http://www.nhpcindia.com/writereaddata/Images/pdf/Rangit-Appren-07072017.pdf
The vision is to be “A world-class, diversified & transnational organization for sustainable development of power through conventional and non-conventional sources”.
It as an organization believes in giving equal importance to environmental, social and economic development which are three pillars of sustainable development.
Due diligence is given by nhpc to execute its projects in an environment friendly and socially responsive manner. Benign approach is visible in the successful completion of hydro projects in the far flung and remote locations of the country.