About NHPC: National Hydroelectric Power Corporation is a Govt. of India Enterprise, was incorporated in the year 1975 with an authorised share capital of Rs. 2,000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects. Later on NHPC expanded its objects to include development of power in all its aspects through conventional and non-conventional sources in India and abroad. At present, NHPC is a Mini Ratna Category-I Enterprise of the Govt. of India with an authorised share capital of Rs. 1,50,000 Million. NHPC is ranked as a premier organization in the country for development of hydropower.
|NHPC Fullform||National Hydroelectric Power Corporation|
|Headquarters||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|Key Person||K.M.Singh (chairman & MD)|
|Products||Electricity generation, energy trading|
|Delhi Camp Office|| 2, Pragati Bhawan, Jai Singh Road,|
New Delhi – 110 001.
|Address||Head Office: N.H.P.C Office Complex, Sector-33, Faridabad – 121003 (Haryana)|
Initially, on incorporation, NHPC took over the execution of Salal Stage-I, Bairasiul and Loktak Hydro-electric Projects from Central Hydroelectric Project Construction and Control Board. Since then, it has executed 20 projects with an installed capacity of 6507 MW on ownership basis including projects executed by NHDC Limited, a Subsidiary Company of NHPC Limited. NHPC has also executed 5 projects with an installed capacity of 89.25 MW on turnkey basis. Two of these projects have been commissioned in neighbouring countries i.e. Nepal and Bhutan. Presently NHPC is engaged in the construction of 5 projects aggregating to a total installed capacity of 4290 MW including 1000 MW (Pakal Dul HE Project) being executed through JV Company. 10 projects of 7151 MW are awaiting clearances/Govt. approval for their implementation including 3 Projects of 1186 MW to be executed through Subsidiary/Joint Venture Companies.
Mission: The Missions of National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) are:
- To achieve excellence in development of clean power at international standards .
- To execute & operate projects through efficient and competent contract management and innovative R&D in environment friendly and socio-economically responsive manner.
- To develop, nurture and empower the human capital to leverage its full potential.
- To practice the best corporate governance and competent value based management for a strong corporate identity and showing concern for employees, customer, environment and society.
- To adopt & innovate state-of-the-art technologies and optimize use of natural resources through effective management.
Objectives: The Objectives of National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) are:
- To undertake, where necessary, the construction of inter-state transmission lines and ancillary works for timely and coordinated inter-state exchange of power.
- To coordinate the activities of its subsidiaries, to determine their economic and financial objectives / targets and to review, control, guide and direct their performance with a view to secure optimum utilization of all resources placed at their disposal.
- To carry on the business of purchasing, selling, importing, exporting, producing, trading, manufacturing or otherwise dealing in all aspects of planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation, operation and maintenance of Power Stations and Projects, transmission, distribution and sale of Power, Power Development, including forward, backward or horizontal integration ancillary and other allied industries and for that purpose to install, operate and manage all necessary plants, establishments and works.
- To Plan, promote and organize an integrated and efficient development of power in all its aspects through Conventional and Non Conventional Sources in India and Abroad, including planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation, operation and maintenance of power stations and projects, transmission, distribution, trading and sale of power generated at Stations in accordance with the national economic policy and objectives laid down by the Central Government from time to time and release of water and other needs to the State Govt. as per the agreed parameters.
- To act as an agent of Government / Public Sector financial institutions, to exercise all the rights and powers exercisable at any meeting of any Company engaged in the planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation, operation, maintenance of Power Stations and Projects, transmission, distribution, trading and sale of power in respect of any shares held by the Government, Public financial institutions, nationalized banks, nationalized insurance companies with a view to secure the most effective utilization of the financial investments and loans in such companies and the most efficient development of the concerned industries.
Vision Of NHPC: To be a global leading organization for sustainable development of clean power throughcompetent, responsible and innovative values.
Projects of NHPC: NHPC Limited has become the largest organisation for hydropower development in India, with capabilities to undertake all the activities from conceptualisation to commissioning in relation to setting up of hydro projects. NHPC Limited is also planning to take Wind and Tidal wave projects in the country.NHPC Limited presently has an installation base of 6667 MW from 21 hydropower stations on ownership basis including projects taken up in Joint Venture. Considering the impediments faced during execution of these projects such as unfavourable geological conditions, difficult law and order problems, inaccessible and remote locations, the achievement so far is commendable.
- Power Stations: click here
- Under Construction: click here
- Under Development: click here
- Small Hydro / GeoThermal: click here
- Deposit / Turnkey: click here
- Joint Venture: click here
NHPC Consultancy: NHPC is a well established ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified, multi-disciplinary organisation and has acquired sufficient expertise and state of art technology for planning and executing both large and small size Hydro Power Projects. It has the support of highly qualified and experienced professionals in design and engineering, geotechnical engineering, latest range of construction and test equipments, technologies to accomplish any hydro power project from concept to commissioning. The technical “know-why and know-how” proficiency and experience of NHPC places it in a leading position to offer a wide range of “World Class” consultancy services from “Concept to Commissioning” in the field of hydro power.
NHPC is registered as a “Consultant” with World Bank (WB), Asian Development Bank (ADB), African Development Bank (AfDB), Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED).
Commercial Division Of NHPC: The commercial aspects of NHPC is being handled by Commercial Division which is an important unit of corporate centre. The important functions of Commercial Division are as under:
- Approval of Tariff by CERC
- Billing for the energy supplied and realisation of revenue
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Negotiating and signing of bulk power supply agreements in respect of operating power stations as well as Power Purchase Agreement for the upcoming power stations of NHPC with various Bulk Power Consumers.
- Coordination with Ministry of Power, various Regional Power Committee (RPC’s), Regional Load Dispatch Centres (RLDC’s), SEB’s/Union Territories, CERC, CEA and other Power Sector utilities.
Preamble Of NHPC: The vision of NHPC is to be “A world-class, diversified & transnational organization for sustainable development of power through conventional and non-conventional sources”. NHPC as an organization believes in giving equal importance to environmental, social and economic development which are three pillars of sustainable development. Due diligence is given by NHPC to execute its projects in an environment friendly and socially responsive manner. NHPC’s benign approach is visible in the successful completion of hydro projects in the far flung and remote locations of the country.
Apprentice – ITI – Posted Date 13-Jul-2017
Details regarding Apprentice job post at NHPC
Important Dates for Apprentice at NHPC
Click here for more engineering Jobs