OPSC: The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of Odisha.The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission.The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than six decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
|OPSC Fullform||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Owner||Government of Odisha|
|Formed||April 1, 1949|
|Chairman||Sri Janardan Diwakar Sharma, IFS(Retd.),|
|Address||19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack, Odisha, PIN: 53001|
|Phone||0671 – 2305611,2304141|
Recommendations of the Royal Commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the Lee Commission, and now they find place in the Constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman . The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
Functions: The functions of the Commission are broadly divided into the following four categories :
(i) Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and its amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group ‘B’ posts/services carrying scale of pay of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group ‘A’ posts/services.
(ii) Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalization of departmental proceedings under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
(iii) Advice on matters relating to promotion of officers and fixation of inter seniority etc., with regard to officers of Group ‘B’ carrying pay scale of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and all Group ‘A’ officers.
(iv) Recruitment of candidates to different posts/services belonging to Group ‘B’ and above under the State Government.
(a) Through competitive examination and viva voce test as prescribed in the concerned recruitment rules; and
(b) Through viva voce test only.
The Commission are not required to be consulted in the following matter :-
(1) It shall not be necessary to consult the Commission on any of the matter specified in sub-clause(a), (b) & (c) of clause (3) of Article 320 of the Constitution in respect of –
(a) The posts and services to which appointment is made by an authority other than the State Government;
(b) The Chairman and Members of the Commission;
(c) The Advocate General;
(d) Government Advocates, Assistant Government Advocates, Additional Government Advocates, Standing Counsels and Additional Standing Counsels;
(e) Public Prosecutors, Government Pleaders, Assistant Public Prosecutors and Additional Government Pleaders;
(f) The Personal and the Secretariat staff of the Governor;
(g) The Secreariat staff of the Legislative Assembly;
(h) The post of Private Secretary to the Chief Minister whose tenure is co-terminous with the office of the sitting Chief Minister;
(i) Civil services and civil posts other than those in Group ‘B’ carrying scale of pay of Rs.6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group ‘A’.
(j) Part-time Medical Officers of hospitals in the State;
(k) All posts under the State Administrative Tribunal;
(l) Contract appointments made for a period not exceeding three years; and
(m) Appointment of Deputy Chief Aircraft Maintenance Engineer on regular basis in Group ‘A’ post under the Commerce & Transport ( Transport) Department and regularisation of services of the Deputy Chief Aircraft Maintenance Engineer appointed on ad hoc basis in Group ‘A’ post under the said Department since on the 19th June, 1991 and continuing as such on ad hoc basis on the date of commencement (Limitations of Functions) (Amendment) Regulations, 1994.
(2) It shall not be necessary to consult the Commission on any of the matters specified in the said sub-clauses of the said Article of the Constitution as hereinbefore specified in respect of –
(i) Temporary appointments, promotions or transfers from one service to another made for a period not exceeding one year which it is necessary to make urgently;
Commission: The Commission comprises Chairman and five other Members. Total sanctioned strength of Members including Chairman is Six. Existing Strength as on 21.04.2015 is three.
- Dr. Satyakam Mishra, Chairman
- Shri Bhabagrahi Mishra, I.A.S. (Retd.), Member
- Brigadier Laxmi Charan Patnaik (Retd.), Member
Conducted examinations: List of Examinations Conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission time to time. (Direct recruitment through interviews only as per the service rules of various posts)
- Odisha Civil Service Examination
- Odisha Judicial Service Examination
- Odisha Education Services
- Junior Lecturers in O.E.S.
- Asst. Section Officer
- Tourist Officer
- Asst. Executive Engineer (Civil& Mechanical)
- Junior Assistant in the Office of OPSC
Veterinary Assistant Surgeon – Graduate – Posted Date 12-Oct-2017
- Designation Name : Veterinary Assistant Surgeon
- Date Posted : 12-Oct-2017
- Last Date : 20-Nov-2017
- Total Vacancies : 364
- Location : State Wide Odisha(jobs in Odisha)
Details regarding Veterinary Assistant Surgeon job post at OPSC
- Age Limit : Minimum and maximum age limit is 21 to 32 years as on 01.01.2017
- Age Relaxation: NA
- Pay Scale : Rs. 34800/-+ Grade Pay : Rs. 4600/-
- Nationality : Indian
- Minimum Qualification: Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science or equivalent qualification from recognized University with at least 55% of marks. (graduate-jobs)
- Selection Process : Selection will be based on Written Exam & Viva Voice test.
- Application Fee : Candidates have to pay Rs. 300/- (No fee for SC/ ST/ Pwd candidates of Odisha) through Challan at any branch of SBI.
- Application Mode : Apply Online
- How To Apply : Interested candidates may apply Online through the website www.opsc.gov.in from 20.10.2017 to 20.11.2017 Printout of Online application form along with photocopies of relevant documents & Challan send to The Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road Buxi Bazar, Cuttack-753001 on or before 30.11.2017 till 05:00 PM.
Important Dates for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon at OPSC
- Application Opening Date : 20.10.2017
- Application Closing Date : 20-Nov-2017
- Last Date for Challan Generation : 23.11.2017
- Last Date for Payment of Fee : NA
- Date of Exam : NA
- Date of Interview : NA
- Online Apply Link
- Download Application Form
- Official Website URL
- Official Advertisement Link
- Detail Guidelines Link
- Qualification Detail Link :
Click here for more medical Jobs