- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M. Tech./ M. Pharm./ M. V. Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application.
- The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 31st December, 2019. An age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and three years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (as per Govt. of India rules).
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in ). Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be send to the “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023.”
- The application should reach the Institute on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The envelope should be super scribed with “Application for Ph.D. Program in 1) Cancer Biology 2) Infectious Disease Biology or 3) Plant Biotechnology 4) Human Genetics”.
- Candidates must mention clearly ONE of the research areas for which they are applying. Candidates interested to apply for more than one research area should send separate applications for each research area, with separate fees.
Applicants except SC/ST candidates are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favor of “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar along with duly filled-in application form by the date mentioned below, for each research area.
Fellowship: The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.
- Last date: 31st December, 2019.
- Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions in the Institute website: 10th January, 2020.
- Tentative date of interview: 2nd week of February, 2020. The final date of interview will be confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates is displayed in ILS website.
For more details, please visit, http://www.ils.res.in/