- The candidate has to have either NET/SET/M. Phil (from any recognized university with 2-semester/ 1-year course work) or has to qualify in the research entrance test (RET) conducted by the department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
- Those who have done the pre-submission seminar and completed the Viva-voce process by December 31, 2019 in M. Phil in Economics (or related discipline like Development Studies, Foreign Policy Management, etc. with Masters degree in Economics) from any UGC recognized university and are awaiting results would also be exempted from RET and be eligible to appear directly in the interview. They are required to submit their enrolment certificate and a letter from the Head of their respective Departments or higher authority of the University saying that they have fulfilled the above-mentioned criterion. If selected, the M. Phil. Candidates are required to submit their result by February 28, 2020, failing which their admission would stand cancelled.
How to apply:
Application form can be downloaded from, https://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/CU_RET_Form.pdf
- Application start date: November 29, 2019 (Friday).
- Application Last date: December 20, 2019 (Friday).
- Date of RET Examination: January 2, 2020 (Thursday) at 1.00-3.00 p.m.
- Date of Publication of RET Result: January 7, 2020 (Tuesday)
- Date of Interview: January 13 and 15th, 2020 (Monday and Wednesday) from 11 a.m. in the Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
For more details, please visit, https://www.caluniv.ac.in or