For admission to the PhD programme, a candidate has to fulfill the following minimum qualifications:
Faculties of Arts, Science, Marine Sciences, Indian Languages, Engineering & Technology, Education, Fine Arts, Medicine (Nursing & Physiotherapy only)
A pass in Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% of marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) or in an examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
Faculties of Medicine and Dentistry (except Nursing & Physiotherapy)
A pass in master’s degree with 50% of marks in the concerned subject.
- Candidates who have passed Master’s Degree through Open University system are not eligible to apply; however, candidates who have secured their Master’s Degree under (11+1) or (10+2) + 3 + 2 / (10+2)+4+2 / (10+3)+3+2 / (10+2) + 5 pattern of programmes of study are eligible.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grades, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / differently-abled or for those who obtained their Master’s degree prior to 16th September, 1991 in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Marine Sciences, Indian Languages, Education & Fine Arts. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil. course work examination with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ’B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is following) and successfully completed the M. Phil Degree programme shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for these belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have passed the UGC JRF / NET / SET (SLET) / Lecturership / GATE / CSIR / ICAR / ICSSR or other fellowship related examinations.
- While granting admission to PhD Programmes, due attention shall be paid to the State Reservation Policy.
How to apply:
- Candidate should register and apply only through online mode by logging on to website. the quidelines for registration are available on the annamalai university website.
- The hard copy of the filled in online application along with enclosures shall be sent either by speed Post or registered Post or in person to the Registrar, Annamalai university, Annamalai nagar- 608002.
Online Application Registration Fee: Rs. 1500/-
- Last date of closing online registration: 19th July, 2019.
- Last date of receipt of hard copy of application with enclosures: 25th July, 2019.
- Date of Common Entrance Test and Interview: 18th August, 2019.
For more details, please visit, http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/