- Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing, Space Engineering & Rocketry.
Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the PhD Programme of the Institute:
(a) Candidates possessing M. Tech./M.E./M.Sc. (Engg.)/M. Arch./M. Pharm./M. Plan/M.Sc./MCA/MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
(b) Candidates possessing B. Tech./B.E/B.Sc.(Engg.)/B. Pharm/B. Arch./B. Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization. (In this case, the candidates need to pass in more numbers of qualifying Pre-PhD papers; the concerned detail is described in Ph.D. Ordinance 2018 -Section 9.1).
(c) Sponsored candidates must have minimum of two years of professional work experience, besides fulfilling the above criteria. In addition, such candidates should have valid sponsorship at least for three years.
Relaxation for SC/ ST candidates
Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
- NOC from the Institute is mandatory for employees of the Institute which shall be obtained before appearing at the admission test for the Ph.D. programme.
- Employees from other organizations shall produce NOC from his/her respective employers at the time of admission.
- In case of the candidates with other grade point scale, the decision of the equivalence made by the assigned committee of the Institute shall be final.
- A limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance.
- The minimum marks required for IRF may vary across the departments and department wise minimum marks shall be decided by an appropriate committee. These IRFs shall be distributed based on the performance in the admission test, academic career and interview. PhD admission test is mandatory for candidate aspiring for the IRF.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Apply for one department only.
- Pay application fee of Rs. 2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs. 1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use net banking / debit card / credit card / UPI of any nationalized bank) till the last date of application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Last date: 25th November, 2019.
- Date of Entrance Test: 16th December, 2019.