Areas of Specialization:
- Economics and Public Policy, Marketing Management, Finance and Accounting, Information Systems, Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource and Communication, Strategic Management, Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics].
Candidates should have:
- A Masters’ degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate Marks/equivalent CGPA for General Candidates (including EWS), 55% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for SC/ST candidates.
CA, ICWA /CMA or CS with B. Com / similar degree.
- Additionally, each applicant needs to qualify Secondary, Higher Secondary and Graduation Examination with minimum 60% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for General Candidates, 50% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for SC/ST Candidates.
The above qualification should be from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or, recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying programmes are eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate, latest by June 30, 2020, from the Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2020) stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master’s / equivalent qualification. Their admission will be confirmed only after they submit the mark sheet and the certificate of having passed the Master’s / equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute. The deadline for submission of Mark Sheet and the Certificate is December 31, 2020. Non-fulfillment of these conditions will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
How to apply:
- The application should be filled up and submitted online.
- The envelope containing the filled in application with all required documents should be clearly super scribed “Application for PhD (fulltime) program 2020)”.
- Completed application forms along with receipt of online application fee of Draft of Rs.1000/- as application fee should be sent to the following address.
Doctoral Programme Office
Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Mayurbhanj Complex, Nongthymmai, Shillong-793014
Phone: 0364-230 8039
E-mail: [email protected]
The NEFT details for submission of application fee online are given below:-
Name (as in the bank account)
Bank Name & Branch
Bank Account no.
Mayurbhanj Complex, Nongthymmai, East Khasi Hills District, Shillong – 793014, Meghalaya
State Bank of India, Laitumkhrah Branch,
State Bank of India, Laitumkhrah Branch, Lummawrie, Shillong – 793003
The payment should be made only through NEFT and ensure that you mail us the following details at [email protected] and [email protected]
- Name of the Participant
- Payment Reference Number/UTR Number
- Date of Payment
- Amount deposited
- Last date for downloading and online form submission: 27th January, 2020
- Last Date for receiving PhD applications forms (physical copy): 30th January, 2020.
For more details, please visit, https://www.iimshillong.ac.in or