1. M.Sc./M. Tech. Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale. (Overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject)
2. If the tran/grade sheet issued by the Institute/University reports:
Only marks, percentage will be considered.
Only grades, CGPA/CPI will be considered. If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (eg. 4 point/ 8 point scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula:
CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS
PS = Point scale used by the Institute/University.
Both marks and CGPA/CPI Percentage equivalent of CGPA/CPI, as indicated on the tran/gradesheet, will be considered, if absolute grading was followed.
CGPA/CPI ONLY will be considered, if relative grading was followed.
3. Additionally, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/GATE/UGC-JRF/NBHM/CSIR-JRF/NET-LS/INSPIRE-PhD or any other recognized score is mandatory. The certificate/fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission.
BS-MS Dual Degree graduates of IISERs and B.Tech graduates of IITs with CPI >=8.
4. Students whose results for CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or INSPIRE-PhD or any other equivalent fellowship are awaited may also apply with their roll number(s) mentioned in the application. Such candidates may walk-in for the interview provided they have qualified examination for any of the above fellowship before the interview date. Such candidates will not be sent a call letter for the interview. However, they should write to the head of the department, Department of Mathematics at [email protected] (with a CC to [email protected] ) and inform if they will attend the interview.
5. Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for PhD programme. However, if selected, admission to the PhD programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria.
6. A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories.
7. Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the test and interview.
How to apply:
Candidates can apply online.
In case of any department-specific queries, please contact the respective department heads (E-mail ids given below) with a CC to [email protected]
- Biological Sciences: [email protected]
- Chemical Sciences: [email protected]
- Mathematical Sciences: [email protected]
- Physical Sciences: [email protected]
- Last date: 05th November, 2019.
- Interview dates (Tentative): 26th November 2019 – 6th December, 2019.
For more details, please visit, http://www.iiserbpr.ac.in/