- Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Program (Regular, Individual Fellowship i.e. CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE etc., Sponsored Research Project & Sponsored Candidates categories of the Institute) in the December cycle of 2019-20 in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture, Town & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences.
- PhD Program is offered through the Department Aerospace & Applied Mechanics; Architecture; Chemistry; Civil Engineering; Computer Science & Technology; Electrical Engineering; Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering; Human Resource Management; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering; Metallurgy & Materials Engineering; Mining Engineering; Physics.
- The Schools/Centers offering PhD Programs Community Science & Technology; Mgt. Sciences; Material Science; Mechatronics and Robotics; Purabi Das School of Information Technology; Safety and Occupational Hazards; VLSI; Centre for Green Energy and Sensor Systems; Centre for Healthcare Science and Technology.
- Minimum qualifications for all categories: Candidates possessing M. Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc.(Engg.) / M. Arch. / M.U.R.P. / M. Plan. / M.T.R.P. / M.Sc. /M.A. / M. Phil. or an equivalent postgraduate degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a ten point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- For SC/ST/ Person with Disability (PwD) category, a minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on 10 point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) is required.
Note: CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks and vice versa.
Regular candidates with Institute Fellowship.
Age Limit The maximum age is 30 years as on 27th December 2019.
Relaxation: Relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST/ Person with Disability (PwD) /Female candidates.
- For OC/OBC (NCL)/EWS candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- For SC/ST/PwD candidates: Rs. 1000/-
How to apply:
Applicants are required to apply online only at the official website https://www.iiests.ac.in/
- Last date of submission of online application with payment of application fee: 27th December, 2019 (11:59 pm).
- Download of Admit card for Written Test (for screening) exam: Three days after successful payment of submitted online application till 1st January, 2020.
- Written test (for screening): 08th January 2020 (11.00 am to 12.30 pm)
- Publication of written test (for screening) results in the Institute website: 08th January, 2020 (evening).
- Date(s) of Interview/ counseling: 09-10th January, 2020.
- Publication of the final list of selected candidates for PhD admission-December cycle 2019-20 in the Institute website: To be notified in the institute’s website.
For more details, please visit, https://www.iiests.ac.in/