PhD Programs Offered at NII, New Delhi
Cutting-edge research at the Institute encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas:
- Immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Chemical, Structural and Computational Biology.
M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) M. Tech., M.B.B.S., M. V. Sc., M. Pharm. or equivalent qualification as per the norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor’s degree and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree are essential for the general category.
Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees will be applicable for the candidates from reserved categories [(OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD].
Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current academic year are eligible to apply.
PhD – Fellowship:
- The institute currently provides a Junior Research Fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month.
- Selected candidates who are already fellowship awardees from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT and DST may avail those fellowships as per rules governed by the respective funding agency.
How to apply:
- Candidates should submit their applications through NII online application portal only. The details of the application process are available at the official Website http://www.nii.res.in
- Candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2020 must also submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees and the JGEEBILS-2020 admit card.
- Online application fee is Rs.1000/- for General/OBC (NCL) candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PwD (non-refundable).
- Online application facility will be available at the NII website from 20th December, 2019 to 31st January, 2020.
Online Application begins
20th December 2019
Online Application closing
31st January 2020
Admit card available for download
07th February 2020 onwards
NII-2020 Entrance Exam
23rd February 2020