i. Institute Assistantship (IA)
ii. Govt./Semi Govt. Fellowship Award (FA) (MeitY, CSIR, UGC, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, etc.)
iii. Sponsored Candidates (SW)
i. Institute Staff (IS), for Institute Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur
ii. Project Staff (PS), for Project Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur
iii. External candidates, sponsored by recognized R & D organizations / academic institution / industry (EX) (Institute Assistantship, Govt./Semi Govt. Fellowship Award, Part time for Institute Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur, Project Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur and External candidates, sponsored by recognized R & D organizations / academic institution / industry )
- A minimum of 60 percent marks OR a CPI/CGPA of 6.0 (on the scale of 10.00) shall be required at the master’s level qualifying examination (M. Tech./ M. Des./ M.Sc./ M.A./ M.B.A., etc.) as the specified minimum for admission in a PhD programme for concerned disciplines. Minimum duration for such masters’ programme shall be two years.
- For admission to Doctoral Programme, the candidate must have qualified GATE/ CEED/ (CSIR/ UGC-JRF/NET) or equivalent examination conducted at national level at any time.
For receiving the Institute Assistantship during the programme
- The applicant must have qualified GATE/CEED or
- The applicant must have qualified CSIR/UGC-JRF
- A candidate who has qualified CSIR/UGC-NET but does not qualify CSIR/UGC-JRF will be admitted without assistantship.
- PhD in Design only those candidates having a Masters Degree (2 years duration) in Design (M. Des), Technology (M. Tech) and Architecture (M. Arch) are eligible to apply. Any other Masters Degree holders are NOT eligible to apply for PhD in Design”.
Direct Admission to PhD after B. Tech
i. Students who are currently in their final year in any of the Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) will only be eligible for the admission under this category.
ii. To be eligible for the admission under this category, a candidate is required to have a minimum CPI of at least 8.0 CPI or equivalent (on a scale of 10) at the end of the seventh semester under OPEN and OBC categories. For SC/ST category students, the minimum CPI requirement will be relaxed to 7.0. Qualified and valid NET/GATE score is mandatory in this case.
iii. They shall be admitted through the same regular admission process as specified for the regular Ph.D. students.
How to apply:
Application form can also be downloaded from website https://www.iiitdmj.ac.in
A Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- for Gen and OBC & Rs. 300/- for SC/ST category candidates, in favor of The Registrar, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur, issued by any nationalized bank, payable at Jabalpur must be received latest by 15th November 2019 through Speed/ Registered Post only.
- Last date of filling up online application and Submission of relevant documents if any: 15th November, 2019.
- Announcement of short-listed candidates for written test/Interview: 20th November, 2019.
Date of Written test/Interview
- PhD-Computer Science and Engineering: 06th December, 2019.
- PhD-Electronics and Communication Engineering: 06th December, 2019.
- PhD-Mechanical Engineering: 06th December 2019
- Design: 06th December, 2019.
- PhD Natural Science (Physics, Mathematics and English): 06th December, 2019.
- Announcement of Selected candidates on website: 16th December, 2019.
- Last date to deposit fee by selected candidates: 23th December, 2019.
- Registration/ Orientation: 30th December, 2019.
- Commencement of Classes: 31th December, 2019.
For more details, please visit, www.iiitdmj.ac.in