The Departments and areas in which this Programme will be offered, are:
Computer Science and Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Science (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and Humanities.
For PhD Programme in Engineering
Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology/ MS by Research in Engineering / 5 year integrated Masters/ Dual Degree in Engg or BS+MS (5-year integrated course) from CFTI in a relevant area specified above with a minimum First class and CGPA/CPI of 6.5 or above (on a scale of 10) or 60 % marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates). Or
M.Sc. (with valid GATE score) from any Recognized University / Institute with a minimum First class and CGPA/CPI of 6.5 or above (on a scale of 10) or 60 % marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates).
For PhD Programme in Science and Humanities
Master’s degree in Science/Humanities/ME/M. Tech or MS by Research in Engineering/ BS+MS (5-year integrated course) from CFTI or equivalent degree, with minimum First class and CGPA/CPI of 6.5 or above (on a scale of 10) or 60 % marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates)
For Integrated PhD Programme:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent in the disciplines of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 or above (on a scale of 10) or 75 percent of marks and a valid GATE score. If the qualifying B.E. / B. Tech. degree is from an IIT / NIT or any Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with CGPA 8.5 or 80 percent of marks, then the valid GATE score requirement shall be exempted but scholarship will be provided to only to candidates with valid GATE score.
How to apply:
- Candidates applying for PhD Programme/Integrated PhD Programme shall apply through the downloaded application form from the institute website https://nitnagaland.ac.in
- If anyone wants to apply for more than one specialization, he / she should apply separately for each specialization.
- The duly filled in application form along with enclosures and a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1,000/- (Rs.500/- for SC / ST candidates) by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favor of IRG, NIT Nagaland, payable at Chumukedima, Dimapur should reach the office of the Director, National Institute of Technology Nagaland, Chumukedima, Dimapur – 797 103 on or before 22nd November 2019.
- Last date: 22nd November 2019 by 4.00 p.m.
- Shortlisted candidates will be uploaded in the institute website on 26th November, 2019.