- PhD in Civil Engineer
- PhD in Computer Science and Engineer
- PhD in Electronic and Communication Engineer
- PhD in Electrical and Electronics Engineer
- PhD in Technical Engineer
- PhD in Chemistry
- PhD in Mathematics
- PhD in English
- A student in this category works full-time for his/her PhD degree. He/she receives assistantship from the Institute or fellowship from any recognized funding agency depending on GATE/NET (UGC/ CSIR) /other qualification.
- A student in this category works full-time or part-time towards the Ph.D. Programme. The Institute does not provide any assistantship/fellowship to such a student.
- This category refers to a student who is working on a sponsored project in the Institute and is admitted to the Ph.D. Programme to work on a full-time basis. The remaining duration of the project at the time of admission should be at least one year. If the project gets completed before the student completes his/her PhD Programme, his/her category will be converted to that of Self-Financed category.
- A student in this category is a professionally employed person, who pursues the PhD Programme while continuing the duties of his/her service in NIT Mizoram or elsewhere. The Institute does not provide any assistantship/fellowship to such a student.
PhD in Engineering
- Masters Degree in the area of Engineering/Technology from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks in the qualifying examinations. OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 or 70% of marks and with a valid GATE score
PhD in Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics)
- Masters Degree in the area of Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET/GATE. However, NET/GATE is not compulsory for part-time category.
PhD in HSS (Economics/English)
- Masters Degree in the area of Economics/English from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale or 55 % of marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET examination conducted by UGC/CSIR. However, NET is not compulsory for part-time category. *For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 0.5 CGPA or 5% of the marks.*Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice-versa shall not be allowed.
How to apply:
- Application form can be downloaded from the Institute website (www.nitmz.ac.in )
- Self-attested copies of necessary supporting documents should be attached with filled in application form. Payment of application fees (of Rs. 200/- for General/OBC OR Rs. 100/- for SC/ST) should be made online in the below mentioned account. Transaction ID should be clearly mentioned in the application form.
- Women candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Name of Account:
National Institute of Technology Mizoram (NIT Mizoram)
SBI Account No.: 33755447886
Scanned copy of filled-in application form and supporting documents complete in all respects should be mailed to the concerned HoDs/in-charges latest by 15th November 2019 up to 5:00 PM.
Email-ids of the concerned HoDs/in-charges are provided below:
- Department of Civil Engg.: [email protected]
- Department of Computer Science & Engg.: [email protected]
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engg.: [email protected]
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engg.: [email protected]
- Department of Mechanical Engg.: [email protected]
- Department of Basic Sciences & HSS
- Chemistry: [email protected]
- Mathematics: [email protected]
- English: [email protected]
- Last date: 15th November, 2019.
- Display the list of candidates: 22nd November, 2019.
- Submission of application 9th December, 2019.
- Date and time of Written Test and Interview 9th December, 2019.
- Display of Final list of Selected Candidates by Dean (RC): 11th December, 2019.
For more details, please visit, www.nitmz.ac.in