Programme offered in the departments of;
(1) Electrical & Electronics Engineering; (2) Electronics & Communication Engineering; (3) Computer Science and Engineering; (4) Mechanical Engineering; (5) Applied Sciences (a) Mathematics; (b) Physics; (c) Chemistry; (d) Humanities and Management; (e) Environmental Studies
There are three categories under NIT PhD Admission:
- Full time- Stipendiary Category
- Full time- Project Category
- Full time- Non Stipendiary Category
NIT’s also offers PhD (Part time – External / On campus categories) which are classified as
- Part time (external)
- Part time (on-campus)
Mandatory Requirement: The candidate must have qualified score in the GATE/NET in related branch of Engineering/Technology/Science of any year.
Minimum Educational Qualifications for Admission PhD in Relevant Engineering: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology or equivalent with a first class or equivalent Grade Point at Master’s and/or Bachelor’s level.
PhD in Sciences/Humanities/Mgt.: Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science/Humanities/Social Sciences/Management or equivalent with a first class or equivalent Grade Point. The candidate must also have a valid GATE score or NET certificate.
PhD in Cognitive Engineering/Science Specializations: Master’s Degree in Engineering /Science/Technology or equivalent in the following cognitive areas of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in branch of Engineering/Science/Technology or equivalent with a first class or minimum 60% marks or equivalent Grade Point at Master’s and/or Bachelor’s level.
How to apply:
- The application form can be downloaded from the institute website www.nitdelhi.ac.in
- Candidates are advised to visit the institute website: www.nitdelhi.ac.in for frequent updates. A candidate interested in applying in more than one department/ category shall be required to submit separate application forms along with appropriate fees and documents.
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH candidates) is to be paid through a crossed demand draft drawn in favor of Director, National Institute of Technology Delhi payable at Delhi.
- Sponsored candidates should send their applications through proper channel.
- The envelope must be superscripted as “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO the PhD PROGRAMME (Full-Time /Sponsored) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF _________________under the student Category”.
- Application form duly filled, accompanied by self-attested Photostat copies of the relevant certificates/testimonials/documents, along with original demand draft should be sent to the following address latest by 5:00 PM on 13th July 2019.
National Institute of Technology Delhi, Sector A-7,
IAMR Campus, Narela, Delhi – 110040.
- Last date: 13th July, 2019.
- Display of List of eligible candidates: 20th July, 2019.
- Date of Written Test (If required): 27th July, 2019.
- Interview/Presentation: 28th July, 2019.