- Master’s degree in relevant subject
- The candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/SET /SLET/valid GATE/Teacher Fellowship/Inspire Fellowship or have passed equivalent examinations or passed the M. Phil examination shall not be required to appear at the PhD entrance test; however, they are to appear for the interview. (a) Date of written test for PhD.
- Reservation: Reservation regarding SC/ST and others will be followed as per rules.
How to apply:
- Candidates desirous of enrolling in the said PhD Program are to apply in the prescribed form www.caluniv.ac.in
- After paying the prescribed application fee of Rs.100/- (in cash only) in the University Cash Counter.
- The filled in form along with photocopies of all self-attested supporting documents are to be submitted at the departmental office between 12 noon and 3.00 pm on all working days.
- The details about the proposed admission test (written – MCQ type questions with single/multiple correct answers) and subsequent interview of the candidates are given below.
- For further details regarding the new regulations and admission procedure for PhD Programs in general, Calcutta University Website may be referred to (www.caluniv.ac.in )
- Last date: 31st May, 2019.
- Date of Written Test for PhD Entrance Exam: 17th June, 2019 (12:00 noon – 02:00 pm).
- List of successful candidates in the entrance test will be displayed in the departmental Notice Board on 26th June, 2019 (after 3:30 pm),
- Date of Interview for the candidates qualified 02nd July & 03rd July & 04th July 2019 (11:30 am onwards).
For more details, please visit, www.caluniv.ac.in