- A candidate shall work for PhD degree in a subject studied at the Master’s Degree or related subject under a recognized research supervisor. However, a candidate may be allowed to conduct research in a subject other than one chosen for the Master’s Degree, provided it is of an inter-disciplinary nature, with the approval of the concerned Board of Studies.
- If the research topic is of an inter-disciplinary nature, the research supervisor may opt for a co-supervisor (not be from the same department) who shall be a recognized research supervisor of the University. However the candidate shall finalize and submit the thesis through the main research supervisor.
- There shall be two types of research candidates: full-time and part-time candidates. Full-time PhD candidates undertake research on a full-time basis. The Part-time PhD programme is for working persons in the University and outside such as teachers/ scientists/ professionals / librarians/ physical education personnel and those employed in various institutions/ industries/ corporations/ organizations.
- Those in employment and wish to take up the Ph.D. programme on a full-time basis shall produce a certificate from their employer of having been sanctioned study leave. Other candidates who take up the PhD programme on a full-time basis shall give an undertaking to the effect that they will not take up any job during the period of research. If the candidate takes up a job, then the full-time registration may be converted into part-time on conditions similar to part-time research.
- The PhD scholar shall not be permitted to join any other course whether in regular and/or distance mode. They shall not appear for any other examination conducted by the University or any other University during the period of registration, except the PhD course work end examination. Any candidate who violates this provision, the registration will stand cancelled.
- If any candidate doing Ph.D. on a full-time basis is found to be doing a full-time job, his/ her PhD registration will stand cancelled.
How to apply:
- The eligible candidates shall submit the application in the prescribed format given on the website (APPLICATION – A) to the Registrar (Evaluation)/ Officer designated for the purpose in response to the notification of the University.
- Last date with fine Rs.200/-: 02nd to18th July, 2019.
- Last date of receipt of hard copy of application send to University: 23rd July, 2019.
For more details, please visit, http://www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in/