- Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Department of Computer Engineering*, Department of Mechanical Engineering**, Depal1ment of Physics, Department of Chemistry, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Department of Mathematics, School of VLSI Design and Embedded Systems, School of Renewable Energy and Efficiency, Department of Business Administration, Department of Computer Application.
An applicant possessing the prescribed qualifications shall be eligible for admission to a PhD program of the institute. Degrees obtained through distance education programs shall not be considered. The course as well as University of qualifying degree must be recognized by AICTE /UGC and will be verified by Academic Section before registration. In order to encourage the candidates for interdisciplinary research which is the state of art in today’s scenario, the eligibility criteria for PhD is as below:
Master’s degree in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.5 on a 10-point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a minimum of 70% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and a minimum of 10 years of work experience (at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent) in an engineering degree level technical Institute or R&D organization/industry, and Evidence of Master’s level R&D work completed.
Additional Eligibility Conditions for Part-Time PhD Admission
(i) The applicants should be professionally employed as engineers or scientists in Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or national level R&D organization/national laboratories/industry, having sufficient facilities to carry out research at their place.
(ii) Regular faculty of reputed Institute/University/College having sufficient facilities to carry out research at their place in the related research area. All such candidates should have a minimum experience of two years at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent as regular employee in the sponsoring institute/university/college/organization or R&D organization / national laboratory/industry at the time of applying for admission.
Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full-time candidates.
Part-time candidates are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis.
- That his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
Facilities for research in the candidate’s field of research are available at the candidate’s place of work.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply at, https://nitkkr.ac.in/
- The duly completed PhD applications must reach the office of the Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra-136119 (Haryana) by November 15, 2019 (5:00 PM).
Last date: 15th November, 2019.
For more details, please visit, https://nitkkr.ac.in/ or