Anaesthesiology; Microbiology; Anatomy; Nuclear medicine; Biochemistry; Obstetrics & Gynecology; Community Medicine; Ophthalmology Emergency Medicine; Oto-Rhino-Laryngology; Dental Surgery; Paediatrics; Dermatology; Pathology; Forensic Medicine; Pharmacology; General Surgery; Physiology; Haematology; Psychiatry; Transfusion Medicine; Radio Diagnosis; Medicine; Radiotherapy; TB & Respiratory Medicine.
Cardiology; Neurosurgery; Cardiothoracic Surgery; Surgical Gastroenterology; Endocrinology & Metabolism; Surgical oncology; Medical Oncology; Medical Gastroenterology; Nephrology; Genito Urinary Surgery (Urology); Neurology; Rheumatology.
- Candidates with MD/MS, DM/M.Ch or M.Sc. (Medical), or equivalent Master’s degree awarded by a University & recognized by SVIMS are eligible to register for PhD course under Faculty of Medicine/Allied Health Sciences. Candidates with Master’s degree in life sciences/allied health sciences awarded by a University & recognized by SVIMS are eligible to register for PhD course under Faculty of Allied Health Sciences.
- Candidates with a PG degree in Physiotherapy i.e., MPT degree awarded by this University or a Master’s degree in Physiotherapy considered as equivalent to MPT by SVIMS University, M.Sc. in Nursing degree awarded by this University or a University recognized by INC or a P.G. degree in Nursing considered as equivalent to M. Sc, by SVIMS are eligible for enrolment in PhD courses under the Faculty of Paramedical Sciences.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% (aggregate of second and/or third year marks for medical courses). However, a concession of 5% marks is allowed to SC/ST candidates. For MD/MS candidates, the decision of the selection committee appointed by the Director-cum-VC is final.
- Candidates with MD/MS, DM/M. Ch degrees who are themselves acting as chief guides cannot apply.
- Post graduate degrees awarded by distance education will not be considered.
- For admission to full time PhD as regular candidates, the age of the candidate should be below 45 years as on 01st July 2019.
- Production of a concurrence certificate from the Principal Investigator/Head of the department (Form A) and an undertaking that he/she will not claim any extension of the tenure of the post or any other benefit whatsoever, linking the claim to his/her registration and pursuance of PhD program (Form B).
How to apply:
For Prospectus and other details visit our website http://svimstp.ap.nic.in
Application form and prospectus can be downloaded from the SVIMS website and can be submitted with necessary documents along with DD for Rs.1500/- for OC/BC & Rs.1000/- for SC/ST candidates drawn from a Nationalized Bank in favor of the “Director, SVIMS, Tirupati. Bank Challans, Cheques, Postal Orders and Money Orders will not be accepted
The filled-in application form along with the photocopies of the following certificates should reach the Registrar, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati-517507 on or before the last date specified in the application.
Last date: 31st August 2019
For more details, please visit, www.svvu.edu.in