Metallurgical & Materials Engg, Aerospace Engg, Applied Mathematics, Mechanical Engg, Computer Science & Engg., Electronics Engg, Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry, Technology Management] (Under Institutional Scholarship Category)
A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy-layer) / PWD – (Divyang) categories. The qualifying degrees are:-
a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for PhD in Science
A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage of marks as prescribed above and who fulfill the following requirement may be considered for admission to the PhD programme:-
a) Qualified in a national level test such as, CSIR/UGC NET , Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, subject wise and category wise GATE/NET cut off will be decided by DIAT.
b) Age limit
Not above 30 years as on 10th Dec 2019.
Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants.
- The Institute shall implement the reservation policy in PhD admission in accordance with relevant act of Parliament being in-force from the time.
- A physically Handicapped SC/ST/OBC candidate shall not get double benefit of being an SC/ST/OBC as also a PWD candidate.
a) The selected PhD candidates against this admission notice, admitted as full-time Ph.D. students will be provided financial assistance as per Institute rules, in force from time to time. The Ph.D. students (who are provided Institute fellowship) will be required to assist in research and teaching activities for a maximum of 10 hours per week in addition to their own duties.
b) In addition to the Ph.D. scholarship, such candidates would also be entitled for contingency grant (presently `15,000/- per year) in accordance with the decisions of the Institute.
How to apply:
- Application form is available at Institutes website. Application fee of Rs. 500/- for General / OBC category (Rs. 250/- for SC/ST & Women candidates) per programme is required to be paid either online (through State Bank collect) or by Demand Draft drawn in favor of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune.
- The filled application form in the prescribed proforma has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, super scribed “Application for Admission to PhD Programme in the Department of ______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD / online generated receipt and self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by on or before 10th Dec 2019. Postal delay will not be entertained. Candidates seeking admission to more than one Department need to apply separately.
- Last date of receipt of hard copy of application: 10th December, 2019.
- Tentative Date of Written Test / Interview: 3rd / 4th week of December, 2019.
- Tentative date of commencement of the programme: 1st Week of January, 2020.
For more details, please visit, http://www.diat.ac.in/