For PhD (Neuroscience)
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any branch of Science such as Life Sciences / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer applications / Pharmacy / Veterinary Science / Psychology from a recognized Institute / University. You are also eligible if you have completed a minimum of a four-year course leading to a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering / Technology / Medicine from a recognized Institute / University.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- At least 55% (50% for SC / ST / PH candidates) marks or an equivalent grade or grade point average from secondary (10th) examination onwards is required.
- Candidates should calculate their percentage up to two decimal points to determine their eligibility.
- PhD (Neuroscience) – All admitted candidates receive a Junior Research Fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- per month + HRA (in lieu of hostel accommodation) for the first two years. After two years, you will be eligible for a Senior Research Fellowship of Rs. 35,000/- per month + HRA (in lieu of hostel accommodation).
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply either online or offline.
- Last Date of application from all channels, both Online and Offline, must received at NBRC by 31st March 2020.
- PhD online application fee (General) – Rs. 300/-
- PhD online application fee (SC/ST/PH) – Rs. 150/-
Online applicants should pay the application fee through ‘SBI-Collect’. https://www.onlinesbi.com/
By Post / Courier (Offline)
- NBRC prefers online applications. However, if you do not have reliable access to internet or for any other reason wish to send an application by post / courier, NBRC will accept your application.
- You must obtain an application form from NBRC by sending a self-addressed A-4 size envelope to the Registrar, National Brain Research Centre, Manesar-122052 Dist. Gurgaon (Haryana) with a cover note mentioning the following:
- The programme to which you wish to apply. The channel JGEEBILS/JEST/GATE/JRF (CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR)/UGC-NET LS through which you wish to apply if you are applying for PhD.programme
- The last date for receipt of requests for the offline application form from NBRC is 1st March 2020.
- Offline applicants can submit the application fee by a Demand Draft drawn in favor of Director, National brain Research Centre payable at Gurgaon or Manesar. Send the Demand Draft and complete application form to the Registrar, National Brain Research Centre, Manesar-122052 Dist. Gurgaon (Haryana).
- Please write your name and the course applied for on the back of Demand Draft. JGEEBILS/JEST candidates should write their Reference Code/ Registration No. also on the back of Demand Draft. GATE/JRF/UGC-NET LS candidates should write their GATE Roll Number/Fellowship Roll Number, the year of examination and its validity period on the back of the Demand Draft.
- Last date of receipt of application (Online / Offline) at NBRC: 31st March, 2020.
- Last date of receipt of requests for hard copy of application form: 1st March, 2020.
- Interview for the M.Sc. program: May, 2020.
- Interview for Ph.D. program: May, 2020.