3.1. All candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program under the categories mentioned below shall have to possess requisite marks/grades in the qualifying degree as shown below:
a) Minimum 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (3.2.a and/or 3.2.b) in Engineering /Science /Commerce /Management/ Law and/or equivalent.
b) Minimum 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (3.2.a and/or 3.2.b) in Humanities/Social Science/MBBS degree and/or equivalent.
3.2. a) Minimum qualifying degree required for seeking admission to the Ph.D. program
a) M. Tech (Master of Technology) / MS / ME (Master of Engineering)/ M.Sc.(Engg.,)
b) M. Arch./ MCP (Master of City planning) /MRP (Master of Regional Planning)
c) M. Phil. (2 years programme)
d) MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of B. Tech/M. Sc/MA/M.Com)
e) LLM (2 years programme) after EITHER at least 5 years of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination
f) An equivalent of the aforesaid degree
3.2. b) Minimum qualifying degree required for seeking admission to the Ph.D. program
a) B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology)/ BE (Bachelor of Engineering)/ B. Sc (Engg.)
b) B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
c) M.Sc. (Master of Science) / MA (Master of Arts) / M. Phil. (1 year program)
d) MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of BA/B. Sc/B.Com)
e) MBBS degree with compulsory one-year internship completed
f) 5 years (minimum) of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination OR LLM (1 year programme) after LLB degree (minimum 5 years)
g) A degree equivalent to any of the above
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to apply online through the website.
- Application fee is Rs.1000/- for Unreserved/OBC/EWS/Transgender candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PwD/ Women candidates.
- Website closure for submission of online application: 22nd October, 2019 (Tuesday).
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of completed application (for project sponsored category) at the Academic (PGS&R) Section: 22nd October, 2019 (Tuesday).
- Date of Test & Interviews in Depts/Centers/Schools (for short listed candidates): 28th November, 2019 to 04th December, 2019.