- M.E./M. Tech./B. Tech./B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering, MCA. Candidates with B. Tech./B.E. may apply for the program as per provisions laid down in Section 6.4 of the Ph.D. regulations.
- The same criteria would also be applicable for MCA students. The final semester/year students for the above qualifying courses may also apply. However, such candidates, if selected, must complete their qualifying degree before the date of enrolment.
- The admission procedure consists of a written test followed by an interview for candidates successful in the same. All the applicants except those who have already passed UGC/CSIR (JRF) examinations /NET/SET/SLET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship or equivalent examinations or completed the M. Tech./M.E. degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent examination are to appear in the written examination. However, they will have to apply within the due date and appear in the interview.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates should apply in the prescribed proforma by paying Rs. 100/ (online) through SBI Collect [https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/]. The proforma for application is available with this advertisement in the University website.
- The conditions for eligibility will be guided overall by University of Calcutta Regulations for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), 2016 (https://www.caluniv.ac.in/PhD-Dlit-Dsc/Ph.D.Regulations-2016.pdf).
- Last date of submission of application form along with copy of SBI payment receipt: 15th July, 2019.
- Date of common written test: 31st July, 2019.
- Date of Interview: 19th August, 2019.
Note that candidates who are eligible for waiver of the written test are also required to complete and submit the application form by the above deadline to: Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Calcutta, JD-2, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700106, India.
For more details, please visit, https://www.caluniv.ac.in/ or