- Primary Eligibility Criteria
a) Reputation of the company or organization where the candidate is working.
- The companies (private/government), research organizations, Ministries of Central and State Governments wherein the candidate is presently employed should have well established reputation & image and possibly known to the faculty members of the department in which the candidate is desirous of seeking PhD admission.
- If this is an enterprise or company, it is expected that it should have a listing in the premier stock exchanges and should have an annual turnover of at least 20 crore rupees.
- List of the reputed companies/ organizations/ firms should be updated regularly at the departmental level to verify the credentials.
- In case the department is not sure about the company/organization, the decision will be taken by a committee consisting of the Dean PGS&R, Dean UGS, Head of the Department/Centre/School and the Chairman CDC.
b) Defence or other ministries of the Government of India or any other government organizations;
c) Established industrial research and development organizations;
d) Autonomous bodies and public undertakings excluding academic institutions
- Requisite Qualifications
a) The candidate must meet the following criteria to be shortlisted for interview and test. She/he should be having (at least) B. Tech/BE/MBBS/M. Sc degree (or equivalent degrees) from a reputed educational institution with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 in a 10 point scale or 75 percentage of marks in their Bachelor’s as well as Masters’ degree (if applicable). However, any conversion of CGPA to marks (or vice versa) to meet this criterion will not be permitted.
B) Experience: Two years of post qualification experience (experience may include stints at multiple organizations) for candidates holding Bachelor/Master degree in relevant disciplines.
c) Candidates need to provide a ‘NO OBJECTION’ certificate issued from their company, stating it has no issues with the candidate pursuing PhD under the proposed scheme: PhD Program for Working Professionals with Minimum Residential Requirements. No commitment of financial support or the continuation of their employment during or after the PhD is required.
- Selection of the Candidate
a) Candidates who meet the above requirements should look out for prospective faculty members in the department where he/she is interested to register for his/her PhD degree.
b) A research proposal approved by the prospective supervisor must be submitted by the candidate at the time of the application.
c) The candidates fulfilling the above will have to appear for interview/test along with other regular candidates appearing for PhD admissions.
How to apply:
Applicants are required to apply online through the website.
Application fee is Rs.1000/- for Unreserved/OBC/EWS/Transgender candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PwD/ Women candidates.
- Website closure for submission of online application: 22nd October, 2019 (Tuesday).
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of completed application (for project sponsored category) at the Academic (PGS&R) Section: 22nd October, 2019 (Tuesday).
- Date of Test & Interviews in Depts/Centers/Schools (for short listed candidates): November 28th to 29th, 2019 and December 02nd to 04th, 2019.
For more details, please visit, http://www.iitkgp.ac.in