- The eligible candidates will have to appear in a written MCQ-type examination of 1 hour duration to be held in this department on July 3, 2019 at 11.00 hrs. The syllabus of this examination is the Physics M.Sc. syllabus of this University excluding Advanced Papers. The successful candidates will be called for an interview during July 3-5, 2019. The final selection and allocation of supervisor will be on the basis of this interview. For details regarding areas of research of individual faculty members please see the departmental webpage http://physicscaluniv.in.
- Candidates who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (JRF and LS)/NET/SET/SLET/GATE (with valid GATE score)/Teacher Eligibility or equivalent examinations or have already obtained the M Phil degree are exempted from the written examination, but must appear for an interview on the scheduled date.
How to apply:
- Application form can be downloaded from https://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/RET-Physics-13-5-19.pdf
- Filled in applications together with self-attested copies of caste certificate (if applicable) and NET/GATE/SET/SLET/Teacher Eligibility certificate (if applicable) must reach The Head, Physics Department, University of Calcutta, 92 Acharyya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata 700009.
- Last date of submission of forms: June 15, 2019.
- List of candidates eligible for the written test to be displayed on the departmental webpage on or after: June 25, 2019.
- Date of written test: 03/07/2019, Time: 11.00 hrs. Venue: Department of Physics.
- List of candidates eligible (from the written test) for the interview to be displayed on: 03/07/2019, 13.30 hrs.
- Interview: 03/07/2019 (from 14.30 hrs.), 04/07/2019 & 05/07/2019 from 11.00 hrs.
For more details, please visit: www.caluniv.ac.in