SCCL The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) is a Government coal mining company jointly owned by the Government of Telangana and Government of India on a 51:49 equity basis. The Singareni coal reserves stretch across 350 Km of the Pranahita – Godavari Valley of Telangana with a proven geological reserve aggregating to whopping 8791 million tons. SCCL is currently operating 16 opencast and 30 underground mines in 4 districts of Telangana with a manpower around 58,837.While historically technology has been a critical factor in SCCL’s ability to reduce environmental impacts and occupational hazards, the need to constantly increase productivity and cut costs has demanded that the company goes in for phased mechanization and adapts state-of-the-art technologies.
- SCCL Result – Electrician Trainee (Internal)
- SCCL Result – Management Trainee (F&A)
- SCCL Result – Junior Technician (Lab) (External)
|SSCL Fullform||The Singareni Collieries Company Limited|
|Type||Public sector undertaking|
|Headquarters||Kothagudem, Bhadradri Dist, Telangana|
|KeyPerson||Shri. N.Sridhar, IAS (Chairman-cum-Managing-Director)|
|Address||The Singareni Collieries Company Ltd., Kothagudem Collieries, Bhadradri Kothagudem Dist,
Telangana State PIN: 507101
|Contact||242301-242304 (STD Code: 08744)|
SCCL pioneered mechanization of coal mines in India by adopting coal drilling machines as far back as in 1937. In 1950 Shuttle Cars, Gathering Arm Loaders, Conveyors, and Coal Plough Equipment were introduced. Later in a path-breaking move to replace arduous manual labor, Road Headers, Load Haul Dumpers and Side Dump Loaders were gradually brought in.
A combination of modern machines in Open Cast Mining like Walking Draglines, Shovels and High Capacity Dumpers were introduced in 1975. In-pit Crushing and Conveyor technology for Over Burden removal and coal extraction was commissioned for the first time in Ramagundam Open Cast Mine with German assistance in 1994.
In 2002, Surface Miner Technology which not only facilitates cost reduction but also contributes to eco-friendly mining was introduced for the first time. Longwall technology in Under Ground Mining in 1983 and also Blasting Gallery (BG) Technology in 1989 were other notable introductions. Today, with 4 Longwall Panels and 5 BG Panels working in the company, mechanization of Under Ground Mines is being planned with state-of-the-art technologies like Continuous Miner and Punch Longwall. Already the mechanization of Under Ground Mining has seen the commissioning of 104 Side Discharge Loaders and 37 Load Haul Dumpers that have enhanced safety and productivity during the last four years. Other innovations in Under Ground Mines are 35 man-riding systems (chairlift and railcar) that have improved transportation inside the mines.
From Heritage to Hi-tech: In a state that is fast emerging as the IT hub of the country and hosts one of the Asia’s largest Technology Parks, it was but natural that IT entered the realm of mining as well. And SCCL made a head start in harnessing the benefits of IT by developing proprietary software for integrated Open Cast and Under Ground Mine Management Systems.
From automating the Personnel Records to Material Management Systems, many new measures were initiated in the IT sphere to improve productivity. To stay in tune with the online world, and keep customers and other stakeholders informed about the developments in SCCL, the company launched its website www.scclmines.com.
Initiatives that have cemented SCCL’s strength in IT are Video Conferencing, Integrated Mine Management Applications, and e-procurement. Digitization of mine plans by Minex Software was yet another major initiative. This software supports core areas of geological data management, opencast and underground mine design and scheduling.Other IT initiatives that are on the anvil or are being implemented on an experimental basis include the use of Satellite based communication systems for monitoring Heavy Earth Moving Machinery using Global Positioning Systems and Biometric based Attendance Monitoring Systems. A dedicated cross-functional team forms the core of the Software Development Group to provide in-house software solutions and the company is all set to become an ERP based company in the coming years.
Awards and Recognition:
- Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) has been awarded Infraline Energy Excellence Award 2007 under Corporate Excellence category – Black Diamond Award for coal sector development on 12th October 2007, at New Delhi.
- The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) received the Indira Gandhi Vriksha Mitra Award – 2004 for outstanding contributions made in the field of afforestation and wasteland development on 5th June 2007, at New Delhi.
- Environmental Excellence award for 2005-06 from Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institution (SRISTI), New Delhi.
- Environmental excellence Award from Green Tech Foundation in 2005-06.
- “Golden Peacock Innovation Management Award 2005” from the Institute of Directors, New Delhi.
- “Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2005” from World Environment Foundation, New Delhi.
- “National Fly Ash Utilization Award 2005” jointly instituted by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Power and Science and Technology, Government of India.
- The Second Best Corporate Film Award 2005 by Public Relations Society of India, Hyderabad for “Shramika Bandham” a telefilm.
- Three of the fourteen “National Safety Awards (Mines)” instituted by the Directorate General of Mines Safety, Government of India in 2004 (pertaining to 2001).
- “Best Workers Welfare Activity Award” for 2003-04 by the Federation of Andhra Pradesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FAPCCI).
- “Best Overall Performance Award” for 2002-03 by the Federation of Andhra Pradesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FAPCCI).
- “Best Management Award” for 2001-02 by the erstwhile Government of Andhra Pradesh.
From climbing hills to conquering mountains – the search for new pinnacles continues…
- At SCCL, peaks are but stepping stones to success. And it is a matter of great pride that everyone in the company from the workmen to the executives is all dedicated to taking the company to the next plane of excellence.The Company’s Vision for strategic business expansions include:
- MOU with ONGC, to collaborate in areas of Surface Coal Gasification, Coal Bed Methane and Under Ground Coal Gasification technologies.
- Relationship Agreement with CSIRO, Australia, to share advanced technologies in UG mining.
- Joint venture partnerships with NTPC and other power utilities in Coal Mining in India and overseas.2001-2002.
- MOU with CARBON ENERGY Inc., Australia to collaborate in areas of Surface Coal Gasification, Coal Bed Methane and Under Ground Coal Gasification technologies.
- Consultancy services in exploration and surveying.
Objectives: The company is also looking forward to meaningful alliances through joint ventures in the following areas:
- Shaft sinking and high-speed tunneling.
- Surface Miners in OC mines for selective mining.
- Continuous Miners in UG mines.
- Coal Production through Longwall equipment for deeper deposits
- Setting up Captive Power Plants.
- Dry de-shaling/de-stoning technology to improve the quality of coal.
- Energy conservation systems.
- Highwall Mining to exploit uneconomical deposits of opencast mines.
- Dry de-shaling/de-stoning technology to improve the quality of coal.
New benchmarks in production have been created. New heights of productivity have been scaled. New technologies are being deployed. With innovative management practices and eco-friendly measures aimed at the welfare of the workmen, there is a new buzz at Singareni.
Badli Worker – 10th Pass – Posted Date 09-Aug-2017
- Designation Name : Badli Worker
- Date Posted : 09-Aug-2017
- Last Date : 02-Sep-2017
- Total Vacancies : 665
- Location : State Wide Telangana(jobs in Telangana)
Details regarding Badli Worker job post at SCCL
- Age Limit : Minimum & Maximum age limit is 18 to 45 years as on 01.01.2017
- Age Relaxation: NA
- Pay Scale : Rs. 18724/- Per Month
- Nationality : Indian
- Minimum Qualification: Pass in SSC or its equivalent. (10th-pass-jobs)
- Selection Process : Selection will be based on interview.
- Application Fee : NA
- Application Mode : Apply Online
- How To Apply : Interested candidates may apply Online through the website www.scclmines.com from 07.08.2017 to 02.09.2017 & Send the printout copies of certificates in proof of age, qualification, marks memo, caste, Local candidature etc to the General Manager (Personnel) RC, IR&PM, The Singareni Collieries Co. Ltd., Recruitment Cell, Kothagudem 507101, Bhadradri Kothagudem Dist., Telangana State on or before 12.09.2017
Important Dates for Badli Worker at SCCL
- Application Opening Date : 07.08.2017
- Application Closing Date : 02-Sep-2017
- Online Apply Link : https://scclmines.com/olappl/olApplication.aspx
- Download Application Form :
- Official Website URL : https://scclmines.com
- Official Advertisement Link : https://scclmines.com/olappl/docs/Notification.pdf
Click here for more engineering Jobs
SCCL Result – Electrician Trainee (Internal)
With Reference to Vacancy for the post of Electrician Trainee (Internal) advertised by SCCL. Based on performance SCCL has declared written test result for the Post of Electrician Trainee (Internal). . Visit the official website for List other information. Aspirant may check their result at below link.
SCCL Result – Management Trainee (F&A)
With Reference to Vacancy for the post of Management Trainee (F&A) advertised by SCCL. SCCL has declared written test result for the Post of Management Trainee (F&A). Written Test was held on 05.11.2017. Visit the official website for List of certificate and other documents required at the time of interview.
SCCL Result – Junior Technician (Lab) (External)
With Reference to Vacancy for the post of Jr. Technician (Lab) (External) advertised by SCCL. Based on Written Test SCCL shortlist candidate will be called for Practical Test & Interview. The date of Practical test & interview will be Informed. Visit the official website for List of certificate and other documents required at the time of interview.