TAMIN: Tamil Nadu Minerals Limited (TAMIN) is a state government undertaking of Government of Tamil Nadu located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the authority and contractor of granite and stone quarries in Tamil Nadu. TAMIN received the national e-governance award for developing Quarry Management System (QMS) at the 18th national e-governance conference held at Gandhi Nagar in Gujarat 2015.
|Type||A Government of Tamil NaduUndertaking|
|Industry||Minerals, Stones Quarrying|
|Area served||Tamil Nadu|
|Address||TAMIL NADU MINERALS LIMITED,No. 31, Kamarajar Salai, Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005,Tamil Nadu, India.|
TAMIN has also created a market for itself for various finished and semi-finished granite products like Dimensional, Calibrated Tiles, Random Building Slabs, Wall Panels, Monuments in various countries like Australia, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Holland, USA, Germany.Apart from its Granite processing plants, TAMIN has Units for processing of Graphite Flakes at Sivagangai, processing of Silica Sand at Ennore, Chennai and Exfoliation of Vermiculite at Ambattur, Chennai.TAMIN has established its credentials as an exporter of International repute and this is evident from its wide customer base in the prominent granite importing countries of the world. It is an export house and its export performances have been recognized by National and State agencies including CAPEXIL.
Tamil Nadu Minerals Ltd., (TAMIN) is a blue chip company, owned 100% by the Government of Tamil Nadu. TAMIN was started in 1978 and is engaged in the exploration, mining, exploitation, processing and marketing of Granite and other minerals like Limestone, Vermiculite, Quartz, Feldspar, Silica sand, Graphite etc.,
TAMIN entered the international granite market in the year 1979. It has three granite processing Units. To support its granite processing activities.TAMIN has captive granite leases of various colors of granite numbering over 118 spread all over Tamil Nadu.The company has carved out a name for itself in the International market for dimensional blocks of black and other colored granites. It is considered as a reliable source for Dimensional Granite Blocks from major buyers from countries like Japan, Germany, Italy, China and to some prominent 100% E.O.U. granite processors in India etc.,
- Granite Processing Factories at Manali (near Chennai) and Madhepalli (near Krishnagiri)
- Graphite Mines & Beneficiation Plant Around Sivagangai
- Mining and processing Vermiculite, a non-metallic versatile mineral at Sevathur Village, Thirupathur Taluk, Vellore District.
Records in Sales: Highest ever sales from the inception in the year 1979 of the company has been achieved in Black Granite Rs.91.07 Crores, Limestone Rs.28.62 Crores, Graphite Flakes Rs.28.35 Crores, Indian Standard Sand Rs.6.13 Crores and Exfoliated Vermiculite Rs.1.82 crores during 2013-14.
Products of TAMIN:
GRANITE RAW BLOCKS: TAMIN has got substantial quarrying rights of granite in Tamil Nadu. The granite deposits are rich in black and color varieties and are among the best in the World.
- TAMIN GRANITES PLANT, MELUR, MADURAI: TAMIN has set up a new 100% export oriented granite slab processing unit at Melur, Madurai District. The installed capacity of the plant is 1,80,000 square meters/annum in terms of 3cm thick granite slabs.
- TAMIN GRANITES, MANALI, CHENNAI: TAMIN Granites, Manali is a Granite Multi-product Company, located at Manali near Chennai. This Plant is fully equipped with 7 Nos of Circular Saws range from 1.35 Meters to 3 Meters and fully auto polishing machine (Grinding and Polishing Machine) with a capacity of 15000 Square Meter per annum.
GRANITE TILES:TAMIN Granite Tiles Plant, a 100% Export Oriented Unit is located at Madhepalli near Krishnagiri, the heart of Granite deposits in India. The plant is equipped with Pedirini Multi Blade Block Cutter and Calibration Machine with an installed capacity of 72,000 Sq.Mtrs per annum.
MONUMENTS: TAMIN Granites, Manali is a Granite Multi-product Company, located at Manali near Chennai. This Plant is fully equipped with 7 Nos of Circular Saws range from 1.35 Meters to 3 Meters and fully auto polishing machine (Grinding and Polishing Machine) with a capacity of 15000 Square Meter per annum.
TAMIN Sells the Finished Products through sales outlets to help the local customers/ builders/architects to get tamin’s product at a very reasonable and affordable price.
tamin has recently introduced a new eco-friendly innovative product called vermitile-cool roof tile produced from vermiculite, which is one of the variety of micaceous mineral.
this product is used as a weathering course purpose in construction industry. it reduces the room temperature. it reduces the roof weight (60% less from the normal weathering course weight). its special features are long durability and strength.
- GRAPHITE RESERVES: The Sivaganga graphite is of flaky nature with 14% average fixed carbon content. TAMIN has over 600 acres (243 Hects) of graphite bearing land in Pudupatti, Kumaripatti and Senthiudayanathapuram villages of Sivaganga taluk, Sivagangai District, Tamil Nadu. The estimated reserve of graphite ore in leasehold area is three million tonnes.
- GRAPHITE BENEFICIATION PLANT: This plant was established during December 1994 at Senthi Udayanathapuram Village, Sivaganga District, Tamil Nadu at the project cost of Rs.28 crores. Plant process capacity is 200 tonnes ore per day and production capacity is 28 tonnes on average of beneficiated graphite upto 96% FC per day.
INDIAN STANDARD SAND: TAMIN is the only company supplying Indian Standard Sand IS650:1991 as per B.I.S. approval to various cement factories, research laboratories etc. for testing the quality of cement. The factory is situated at Ennore 15, km. North of Chennai. The processed sand is marketed in three grades(Grade I, Grade II & Grade III).
LIMESTONE: Limestone is a sedimentary rock composed largely of the minerals calcite and aragonite, which are different crystal forms of calcium carbonate. Most limestone is composed of skeletal fragments of marine organisms such as coral or foraminifera. Limestone is a raw material for cement. TAMIN’s Periyanagalur mine is located in Ariyalur District and its total extent is 12.745 Hects. The mine can process 1500 tonnes ore per day.