UPSESSB Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Service Selection Board is a state owned institute for selection of teachers.
- Important facts
- Objectives and Reasons
- Powers & duties
- Latest Job Recruitment
|Established||Under U.P. Act No.5 of 1982|
|Type||State Government Owned|
|Headquarters||23 Allenganj, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Key Person||H.L. Gupta(Chairman )|
|Owner||Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Service Area||Uttar Pradesh|
|Phone||0532 – 2466130, 2466851|
About UPSESSB: U.P. Act No.5 of 1982 as passed by the Uttar Pradesh Legislature an Act to establish Secondary Education (Service Selection Boards) Act, 1982 for the selection of teachers in institutions recognized under the Intermediate Education Act, 1921.
Objectives and Reasons: The appointment of teachers in secondary institutions recognized by the Board of High School and Intermediate Education was governed by the Intermediate Education Act, 1921 and regulations made thereunder. It was felt that the selection of teachers under the provisions of the said Act and the regulations was sometimes not free and fair. Besides, the field of selection was also very much restricted.
This adversely affected the availability of suitable teachers and the standard of education. It was therefore, considered necessary to constitute Secondary Education Service Commission at the State level, to select Principals, Lecturers, Headmasters and L.T. Grade teachers. Secondary Education Selection Boards was required at the regional level to select and make suitable candidates for comparatively lower posts in C.T./J.T.C./B.T.C. Grade for such institutions. The Board was meant to be a body corporate & it will exercise powers throughout Uttar Pradesh. UPSESSB headquarters is in the city of Allahabad.
Powers and Duties of UPSESSB:
- Prepare guidelines on matters relating to the method of direct recruitment of teachers;
- Conduct examinations, where necessary, and hold interviews and make selection of candidates for being appointed as teachers;
- Select and invite experts and to appoint examiners for the purposes specified in clause (b);
- Make recommendations regarding the appointment of selected candidates;
- Advise the Management in matters relating to dismissal, removal or reduction in rank of teachers;
- Obtain periodical returns or other informations from institutions regarding strength of the teaching staff and the appointment, dismissal, removal, termination or reduction in rank of teachers;
- Fix the emoluments and traveling and other allowances of the experts;
- Administer the funds placed at the disposal of the Board;
- Perform such other duties and exercise such other powers as may be prescribed or as may be incidental or conducive to the discharge of its functions under this Act or the rules or regulation made thereunder.
- The selection of teachers is conducted according to rules framed under The UPSESSB Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Service Selection Board, Rules 1998.